Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to post this whole story y'day and hope it works today...

I have a brand new T100 for nine days and it started to leak oil and also making a strange tat-tat-tat sound from deep inside the engine.
The agent/distribuotr here had it since Monday and can't fix it.
However they have taken some parts out and put them back. I am just wondering how much investigating they have to do to fix a brand new bike.
They say they need it for at least two more weeks.
Y'day I sent them a letter saying I want it fixed now or a replacement and today they told me they spoke with Triumph UK and they said the noise was normal for up to 3000 k.
I have spoken with some other people and they said this is totally out of order.
can anyone give me any feedback on this.
BTW, I have only done 400ks and doing a max of 100k but with gentle accelaration

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they thought the oil leak was at the valve cover but they removed it and resealed it and it still leaks.

someone did mention it is a valve problem but even so they do not have the ability to adjust this and they said I should keep riding it and they'll do it later.

also the petrol cap breather doesn;t work. i know this is a small thing but put them all together for a nine day old bike with 400ks and that seems strange to me

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also believe these are very simple problems to fix. However they have had the bike for one week and can't solve them and not sure where the problems are. Further to this they need more time to investigate, then they will order the parts and then install them.
So far they have had the valve cover off and on and that's not the problem.
I really want to have this bike but I feel I am in the wrong place to own one.
I could go and get all the work done by another guy but then I would be losing the "factory" warranty which I paid extra for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.