Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
I thought it was an amazing movie. The storyline was great and the "special effects" were so incredible they did not look like "effects" but quite real.

And I loved it when the soldiers got whupped too. Perhaps the storyline was a little to close to our US imperialism for some.

OK boys, bring it on!
:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Too many adult themes to qualify as a kiddie flick IMO. It might qualify as a "chick flick"; we haven't heard any opinions from our distaff side yet. I like my sci-fi plots to be more original and entertaining, with better acting. Give me Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) any day of the week; that's good acting. ....James.
what what WHAT?!
did u just mention hugo weaving, and NOT mention V?!

*faint*

so much better in V than friggen useless matrix movies ;)

"No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded. "

i liked avatar
i didnt think it was OMG OMG OMG!!! or anything, but i liked it
ill get it on bluray.
i liked the eco/spiritual/natural msg,.. and i also loved disneys pocahontas! imagine that ;)

as for it being unoriginal... most movies ARE unoriginal if you break it down
someone mentioned how it was like star wars... do you know star was is VERY similar to Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress"
we can prolly break it down to something even OLDER if you try hard enuf

from wikipedia
Synopsis

The film begins with two bedraggled peasants, Tahei and Matashichi (Minoru Chiaki and Kamatari Fujiwara) escaping the aftermath of a battle. While trying to make their way home, they meet and begin to travel with General Rokurota Makabe (Toshirō Mifune). The general is trying to transport the princess of a defeated royal family and what remains of their wealth to safe territory in secret. The peasants mostly impede his mission, sometimes trying to run off with the gold. They are later joined by a farmer’s daughter (Toshiko Higuchi), whom they acquire at an inn from a slave-trader, or procurer. Together, the five make an arduous and desperate trek through enemy territory, transporting a treasure of gold that the princess and the general hope to use to rebuild the princess's military to one day retake her land and rebuild her realm.

where i found this info all out "originally"
http://www.tofugu.com/2009/01/20/learn-japanese-from-yoda/
he also talks about how yoda speaks in japanese structure, using english words ;)

theres no such thing as originality! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Most movies are unoriginal

True, which makes the glorious excpetions that much more... glorious.

The Fifth Element
Anything by M. Knight Shamalyahoweveryouspellit.
Better off Dead

·
Registered
656 Posts
True, which makes the glorious excpetions that much more... glorious.

The Fifth Element
Anything by M. Knight Shamalyahoweveryouspellit.
Better off Dead
I think that M. Knight Shyamalan only really has 3 really good movies: 6th Sense (classic), Unbreakable, & the Village. Many don't like Unbreakable, but I thought it was good nonetheless. Signs was pretty good too. I didn't care for Lady in the Water and was very disappointed with The Happening. The Happening was somewhat original, but nothing "happened" haha. Haven't seen The Fifth Element or Better Off Dead.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
If Shaylaman and Bruce Willis made a movie based on microwave popcorn directions, I'd go see it.

I liked the three you did, and I also thought Lady in the Water was very good.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
<.<
>.>
LEELOO DALLAS MULTIPASS!
"Autowash..."

That movie was great...

On the "Avatar" movie; some people on another forum I am a member of are furious at Cameron for one of his character descriptions in the script. Here's the description:

The miners lock and load like the redblooded redneck NRA supporters they are...
Some of you might be mad about that. I figured I'd let y'all mull it over....

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Redblooded? You betcha.
Redneck? "would some power the giftie gie us..."
NRA Supporter? Often, and always a 2nd Amendment supporter.

Oh, a stereotyping movie director doesn't like my politics! I'm intellectually crushed! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
"Moon" looks pretty good. Kind of like a newer "2001 Space Odyssey."
I'll take a solid story and good acting over gimmicky movie effects any day.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts