Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Very nice....I may own a Norton one day.
Jerry the prices for Norton's in AUS have gone crazy, I paid $1,999 new on the road back in 1976 it was the last old stock 74 Commando when I was 17 year old sitting at the back of the show room behind all the 75 newer model Norton's and Triumph's of the day and about $500 cheaper than the 75 models, its been my working project most of its life and has have some great up grades to it in all the years I have owned it and have shaved off so much weight from it when it was in Commando form, lots of inturnal work done to the motor, the Featherbed frame is shorter, has better front brakes and a very hot spark from the Joe Hunt maggie, its my hot rod Norton and I still get a big smile on my dial every time I take it out, its so light, handles like its on rails and still puts a lot of modern bike to shame, but its loud when I get up it, so loud now I have just remod the baffles to quiet it down a bit, I must be getting old lol.

Ashley

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Jerry the prices for Norton's in AUS have gone crazy, I paid $1,999 new on the road back in 1976 it was the last old stock 74 Commando when I was 17 year old sitting at the back of the show room behind all the 75 newer model Norton's and Triumph's of the day and about $500 cheaper than the 75 models, its been my working project most of its life and has have some great up grades to it in all the years I have owned it and have shaved off so much weight from it when it was in Commando form, lots of inturnal work done to the motor, the Featherbed frame is shorter, has better front brakes and a very hot spark from the Joe Hunt maggie, its my hot rod Norton and I still get a big smile on my dial every time I take it out, its so light, handles like its on rails and still puts a lot of modern bike to shame, but its loud when I get up it, so loud now I have just remod the baffles to quiet it down a bit, I must be getting old lol.

Ashley
We all are getting old my friend.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts