Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been a Japanese bike guy for a while and new to Triumph. (I kinda like it). Anyway, I just took the instuctor-in-charge position for On One Wheel (the wheelie school here in SoCal) and was given (3) 02' Speed Triples, none of them running. Just like most bike enthusaists, I'm a self proclamined motorcycle mechanic (rookie). Here's the deal:

One of the bikes while in neutral with clutch depressed - it creeps. It moves on it's own slowly. Upon release of the clutch, there's like an eight of an inch of realease - almost forcing a stall. I adjusted the cable with no luck. Am I doing something wrong? Or what is something else going on?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Pete

[ This message was edited by: ThreeUP on 2006-11-27 00:07 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff,

I'm sorry I don't understand "troll". I know its a Scandinavian term for elf, which is an imaginary little person, usually ugly and hairy. But really, I have an issue with the clutch.

Best,

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,797 Posts
On 2006-11-26 20:52, ThreeUP wrote:
One of the bikes while in neutral with clutch depressed - it creeps. It moves on it's own slowly. Upon release of the clutch, there's like an eight of an inch of realease - almost forcing a stall.
Am I doing something wrong?
If you let the clutch out and it stalls, you are not in Neutral.
But you knew that being an instructor :hammer:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha, that's right. I mis-communicated that. I meant when it's in gear with the clutch lever pulled in fully.

Appreciate all the help. I actually figured it out.

Thanks,

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts