Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i am thinking of junking the stock bars on my T100 and going to the M bars. could you tell me how close they come to the gas tank. i, primarily, ride on the highway. i was just wondering how they do in the city and in parking lots? is the manuverabilty hampered? also, do you have to change any stock cables/wires? i am pretty sure you don't, but i didn't know if you had to change anything about them? i assume most of you go with napoleon bar ends with these bars? i thought about the british custom oval mirrors. anybody done this and have pics? thanks, keith

·
Registered
37 Posts
m bars

I made the swap from stock to the M bars and I love them. Just this past weekend I dropped them even more giving it a more forward feel and it totally changed the way the bike feels. I like it better. The stock cables fit fine and just keep toying with them till you feel comfortable. Not to mention it gives the bike a real retro look. I think you'll be happy. I found used ones cheaper then new so look around first. Ride safe!!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I dig the M's! Rode with one for a year [recently went back to stock] and got a lot of compliments on it. It is in the garage for when I get the urge again. :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Love those M's

I put on the M bars (upside down) late last year and pretty much luv 'em.

Here's what I noticed:

- much better feel and control from being right over the front end.
- unfortunate tendency to squish m'boys but perhaps that unique to my stature.
- I had to play around a bit with the rotation angle because when you mount them upside down they can bang into the tank. Its really annoying when the horn button makes contact but after a bit of fiddling I'm happy with how they're set up now.

Go for it!

P

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have had mine since about 2 months after i got the bike. I rode for one year with them rightside up and then flipped them over when i installed my LSL rearsets. They made the bike feel completely different. The stock cables and everything work fine. The controls do get really close to hitting the tank badges depending on how you set them up. One thing too look out for though is the brake reservoir if you open it with the wheel turned the wrong way your going to get brake fluid every where

1 - 6 of 6 Posts