Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Not the worst I've seen, though those wheels are heinous. Is that a paint spill or a nasty coolant leak on the left-hand side of the motor?

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Not the worst I've seen, though those wheels are heinous. Is that a paint spill or a nasty coolant leak on the left-hand side of the motor?

Cheers,
-Kit
+1 on the wheels...but just think...the WHOLE bike could have been painted that color! At least the wheels & hugger can be redone at a relatively low cost. Not sure about the LH mark...does look the same color as the paint.

At least they're not PURPLE....like my TrackSquirt's wheels were (Kawa painted early Ninja 250 wheels a horrid purple....yeech....). Thank goodness for media blasters and powdercoaters....

Derswede

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Aaahh yes I have seen this one before..!

Chaved T3's have no place on this planet...& the culprits should have their benefit stopped !

Can you imagine the other hidden work this twisted individual have reaped on this poor unsuspecting motorbike ?????

Darwin would turn in his grave if he knew the Human race was going against evolution.....

Sheeeesh

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
<...>
Chaved T3's have no place on this planet...& the culprits should have their benefit stopped !
<...>
At least it's not got a Burberry seat... :eek:

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
91 Posts
?

Forgive my ignorance, but exactly what is wrong with it? It seems very clean and well-kept. Doesn't look damaged and even has an aftermarket exhaust.
Is it the paint scheme?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I wonder if there's any of that left-over green paint for the wood block? :eek:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
it looks grim but reversible, if that sort of 'customisation' really does devalue a used bike, then whoever buys it and restores it to original will be on a winner.

the sellers eBay ID may be a clue......

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Have we become purists?

The bike looks well cared for. It appears that the owner took pride in the bike. I can't say that the colors are to my taste, but then I'm sure most of you would not have painted the wheels of your Super III red either. For that matter, true color does not show up well in photos, especially bright colors. It may not look as bad in person.

I'd simply use the painted parts as an opportunity to talk the guy down on price.

·
Registered
575 Posts
a purist would demand, at the least, a correct sidestand. :mad:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well I don't like it but -

- each to his own
- how very dull it'd be if we all conformed to set stds
- s'nothing that can't very easily be sorted out

Best of all though, I think the world should be full of shall we say 'narrow appeal' bikes, cos then I can buy them cheap and sort 'em out! :D last one made me a grand and paid for my Daytona :cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Somethings in life are just wrong: Broccoli and custard. Aston Villa football club. And that bike.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Personally, while I may have tendencies toward it, I am not a purist. I do feel strongly about aesthetics, though, despite never polishing my bike.... :p

Hinckley, your red wheels are fine with me. They look good with the Super III and are not an aesthetic offense.

The bike about which this thread was started, though, makes a Hinckley triple look like a ZX7, and that does offend me aesthetically.

To each his own, I agree. You have a right to do as you see fit with your own bike. That being said, though, your right to mod as you see fit does not preclude my right to mock as I see fit. :D

Edit- Just to be clear, I mean "you" in the generic sense there. I am noting that I have the right to mock any bike, not Hinckley's in particular, which I actually rather like.

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts