Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after finally bringing the bike out of the shop for the first real ride this Spring, thought I'd share with everyone what I've been up to this winter:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

In addition to the obvious (stuff you can see - powder coated frame and covers, painted plastics, polished fork lowers and triple tree, modified the cats eye taillight to fit, new turn signals, etc.) I also installed progressive fork springs, cart emulators and higher weight fork oil w/ low stiction oil seals, cut back and rebuild the forward wiring harness to get rid of the rats nest of crapping going to the headlight that didn't need to due to the relocation of: the horn, ignition switch and regulator).

Problem is - I REALLY thought this job would take me all winter, so I picked up a new toy that ought to keep my through the summer while the Triumph is on the road (see next post).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

She's a real mess - but a little tinkering and it was actually running and idling great before I tore it completely down. The chassis is just mocked up in this pic and I'm working on rebuilding the motor now.

Not a Triumph I know, but it keeps me busy while I ride the beauty.

·
30,517 Posts
That Scram is just sweet! I love it! Definitely get it in the bike of the month competition! Can't wait to see how the 750 turns out too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not a fan of the scram usually but that is a fine piece you have built there ... absolutly stunning.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Awesome. Damn you! Now I have to paint my frame.

Can we get a pic from the rider's position looking at the clip-ons and mini speedo?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Wow!

What a great departure from the norm....It's beautiful mate! You so rarely see a white frame and it goes great with the scram look....something you would not expect to see on a bike.....
You should enter the BOM with it, sure winner there....
Nice job for sure, congrats on that...!!!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
WAY cool! Some "different" looks weird different. Not that Scrambler. You will be turning many heads with that bike!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow, that looks great and definitely unique.

BTW, is that all the beer it took or just one day's worth? :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Strange to see a white frame on a Scram,but y'know it kind of works. Not sure if it would work on Bonnie or T100,anyone brave enough to give it a try:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the fine compliments!

Pokeyjoe - I'll try to get one from that position soon.

Yellowrubiu - That beer was one long evening mocking up the 750. I had a couple of friends' help and the pile grew much larger by the end of the evening. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts