Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to try out my new Widder Lectric vest I bought yesterday at the Toronto bike show. Works great! Friggin' freezing out there, though...-7c. That new Bonnie is like a hot new girlfriend..I can't keep my hands off her! :-D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey newbie - i was just looking for a vest, thats great. How does the vest hook up? I saw some that require an aux power outlet, and another where the leads hook on the battery directly.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I've ridden Beemers for the past 20 years, and was introduced to electric clothing in 1986. Since then, all my Beemers have been equipped with a 12v outlet and electric handgrips.

You may want to take the next step and install the Triumph Accessory Outlet, and then install the mating plug on your electric vest cable.

Heated grips aren't difficult to install either, and add lots of comfort for those of us who don't put our bikes away on Labor Day wekend.

As long as you're keeping the revs up, the charging system on the Bonneville should be able to keep up with an electric vest and heated grips. If my old R100GS with a 280 watt alternator can cope with it, the Bonnie should also be able to do so. It pumps out a few more watts.

Bob

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob,

Is there an advantage to an aux outlet vs. direct to battery? Also, are heated grips that easy to install? I was going to go with heated gloves to avoid the hassle. Is it cold there in Ohio?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts