Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike is waiting to be picked up at Engle Motors right now as I type, just had them put on the Jardines and the interesting thing is the Mechanics there told me that they will test it first to see if I needed the POWER COMMANDER, I said OK if I need it then I will get it, they called me and told me that it didn't need it I read some places saying you need it and some places you don't -----just an FYI

I had D&D but took them off, tried to put them on myself(jardines) but was too hard for me (not that mechanical)

p.s. those folks down at Engle's are pretty nice bunch of guys :-D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
On 2006-12-06 15:05, robbierob wrote:
my bike is waiting to be picked up at Engle Motors right now as I type, just had them put on the Jardines and the interesting thing is the Mechanics there told me that they will test it first to see if I needed the POWER COMMANDER, I said OK if I need it then I will get it, they called me and told me that it didn't need it I read some places saying you need it and some places you don't -----just an FYI

I had D&D but took them off, tried to put them on myself(jardines) but was too hard for me (not that mechanical)

p.s. those folks down at Engle's are pretty nice bunch of guys :-D
How do they know it didn't need a PCIII? Did they measure the air fuel ratio? :cool:

·
Registered
855 Posts
those folks down at Engle's are pretty nice bunch of guys
Yes we are pretty lucky, especially since they are the only show in town.

R

·
0 Posts
I'd put the pc on if it was me. Your not going to gain much without remapping the fuel system. You've opened the exhuast up to let it breath. Now give it some fuel and feel the hp gains.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do they know it didn't need a PCIII? Did they measure the air fuel ratio?

they tested and took it out on the road, i am just going off what they said who know I may need it later

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why did you take the D&D's off?

What are you going to do with them now?
I took them off because i just liked the sound of the Jardines

the D&D's were fine, they had a good sound especially at high speed, I will probably sell them for 150.00 they have a scuff on the bottom not visable to the eye unless you get on the ground and look underneath

·
Registered
114 Posts
robbie,
unless they dyno'd it to check the a/f i would be putt'n on the pc111.. if it's to lean, ya i'tll run great till you hole a piston.
go to the pc111 site and down load the stock a/f and print it out. now compare it to the tune for the jars.. a bit of a difference there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rob,
check with Jardine, if I remember correctly they recommend the use of the power comander with their pipes, otherwise a lean condition can occur damaging the motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts