Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed or should say reinstalled my Tridents. They sit straight now and I do get the triangle effect. I also pulled the baffle out and am ready to ride. I followed OnD instructions but still had devil of a time getting them on. I hope they never have to come off again because I would dread reinstalling.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Installed or should say reinstalled my Tridents. They sit straight now and I do get the triangle effect. I also pulled the baffle out and am ready to ride. I followed OnD instructions but still had devil of a time getting them on. I hope they never have to come off again because I would dread reinstalling.
Did you use the ratcheting strap method to keep consistent pressure on the cans?

--Kory

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up using two ratcheting straps. One to just hold the cans in place while I bolted one side of the taillight bracket. Then I put a second toward the end of the cans in order to pull them up far enough to get the taillight bracket close to in place. At which point I removed the first strap and put it through the bracket itself and ratcheted that in place as doing it by hand was just too tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts