Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-D :-D :-D

I went and picked up my S3 today!!!! I was so freaking excited I couldnt stop grining to save my life!

AWSOME!!!!!

Before loading it in the truck to take home.... I tossed my gear on and drove around Chandler, AZ. I was so caught up in the moment, I totally forgot where exactly I was... and soon found myself lost in surburbia!

So i figured fawk it... and kept cruising until I found two cute as fawk girls jogging down the sidewalk..... pull over and asked them.

Yep.... its a panty dropper!

Im keeping it easy on the throttle and gonna break the engine in nice and smooth..... this bad boy is gonna be aorund awhile!

I did however learn one thing very important thing.... NEVER TOUCH THE MUFFLER!!!!!!!!! While loading it in my truck, my arm touched the muffler and not my left forarm is burned to hell! About the size of a playing card!

speaking of which..... I better go look and make sure I didnt leave any burnt flesh on the bike!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Congrats. The muffler was the first thing I touched. I tossed em to the darkest corner of the garage. :-D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well done. Welcome to Nirvana. My bike is new, too, and I can only guess how hot that exhaust gets. The other day I discovered half of my son's shoe sole caked on the pipe!
Enjoy your toy.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Get the carbon fiber Trident cans. They stay so cool you don't even need heat shields. Sound/run great too.

Congrats on the new toy. So the really important question CB is too shy to ask: What color is it?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I've said it before - the Speed Triple offers the best pure riding experience anywhere. It isn't practical. It isn't the fastest thing on two wheels. It isn't especially beautiful or especially exotic. But if you want to ride just for the undiluted joy of riding, it doesn't get any better.

Wait'll ya get it broken in :-g

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2007-01-10 18:57, dr_gallup wrote:
Get the carbon fiber Trident cans. They stay so cool you don't even need heat shields. Sound/run great too.

Congrats on the new toy. So the really important question CB is too shy to ask: What color is it?
Black but of course! We all know its faster.... :-D

And as for pipes.... Im saving for the Chain Reaction setup. Bob has been an amazing help with all my little questions about his pipes and theyre JUST what im looking for!

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Hey DrunkTank - well done. Looks like I'm in your club as well. Left my 05/06 Sprint ST at the dealers today, and rode home on a brand new 07 Speed Triple.

Only 20k bringing her home but my first observations are;
1) The pilot powers are nice and sticky - even when new
2) Where'd the weight go? I can feel the lack of the 21K from the Sprint (wish I could do the same for me!). The flickability of this baby will be a joy in the twisties
3) The power - even with 20k on the clock, the mill feels more responsive and effortless than the Sprint tune
4) The lack of bodywork - man are you out there on a Triple :)
5) The style, yes it's ugly. Not in a italian sleek sort of way, but in a more in your face, brutish manner.
6) *** is the pillion seat .... oh there, well I don't pillion very much anyway ;-)
7) Only 1 niggle so far (and a relatively minor one at that). No fuel gauge and NO kms to empty on the trip computer. The Sprint had both and I like to use this to judge fillups on the open road
8) Still has that lovely single-sided swingarm - woo hoo.

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow :)

Russ

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh ya..... forgot to add this! just so ya all have proof!

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
black... :puke: congrats DT, I'm sure you'll love her, even though she is black. :(

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2007-01-11 07:32 ]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on your new S3! I used to live in Tucson and went to school at U of A and man did I wish I had a motorcycle when I lived out there. The riding would have been awesome with all the remote, desolate, twisty roads.

I'm moving back out there any chance I get.

Have fun with your new bike... :-D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On 2007-01-11 07:06, Limey wrote:
Is that a chrome helmet?
LORD NO!!! I hate chrome! I'll be be slowing stripping speedy of her chrome..... maybe give it some racing stripes. The helmet is just a HJC AC-12

1 - 20 of 26 Posts