Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Sprint out yesterday. Last time I had her out, everything was fine.

I get down to the end of the street and the left inside fairing falls off. The mounts that hold the 2 screws are cracked off. This is the fairing right above the gas on the inside of the windshield. Then I notice the right side has a crack and the corner is gone.

What happened? Has this happened to anyone?

Also got any ideas of where I can buy the parts cheaper then the dealer charges?

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
There are no new ones! :p

Are the farings trashed from falling off, or are you just concerned about the broken tabs?
You'll find a few threads on here referencing ABS repair with great success.

If you decide you want new fairings, use BikeBandit - the prices on site are the same as delaer list, but you can apply the TRIUMPHRAT discount code at checkout to get -10%.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Keep an eye on Ebay and the classifieds here. Maybe try a WTB ad on your local Craigslist. Amazing what that can turn up.

Has the bike suffered previous traumatic injury? Although I found one of the posts for the front fairing 'inner' on mine cracked, I thought it was due to previous overzealous tightening of the fasteners. Could be the case with your bike. Those plastic posts are strong enough, but not made for much direct abuse.

Good luck!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no new ones! :p

Are the farings trashed from falling off, or are you just concerned about the broken tabs?
You'll find a few threads on here referencing ABS repair with great success.

If you decide you want new fairings, use BikeBandit - the prices on site are the same as delaer list, but you can apply the TRIUMPHRAT discount code at checkout to get -10%.
Not trashed, just fell off into my hand. It appears that the tabs or stand offs are crushed so someone before me may have tighened too tight.

Bike has not suffered previous traumatic injury that I know. she looks very clean and the guy I got her from took care of everything that he had from what I saw. Not a scratch on her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts