Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to explode, honestly...I have wanted a Bonneville since the first time I saw one in 1964 at the tender age of 7...well, now I'm 48 and 6'2 but I FINALLY GOT ONE! it's a 2006 black-and-chrome America, and I rode it to work for the first time today. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE RIDE! I have to reimind myself it's in break-in and I can't just haul ass...but what a feeling, riding the lineal descendent of the world's first true Modern Motorcycle.

Let me tell you something: over the past 5 years I have ridden every kind of motorcycle made, from production BMWs to custom Ron Simms, along with every Harley, Honda, Kawi, Suzi and Yamaha around, not to mention Ridleys, Buells, old Brits including 2 different Vincents and a '39 Brough Superior SS100 and NOTHING I have ridden has made me feel so good as this magnificent twin. I am finally home.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have had a pretty cool job for the past 5 years, making a motorcycle TV show for Speed. So there have been a lot of nice bikes!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I anticipate NOTHING but Triumphs from now on...OCC bite me!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hi Pipes! Welcome!

I'm going to move you over to the Twin HangOut so you can meet everyone before you go off to that other site!

·
Registered
207 Posts
On 2006-09-27 14:15, MA0458 wrote:
Hi Pipes! Welcome!

I'm going to move you over to the Twin HangOut so you can meet everyone before you go off to that other site!
Hard to tell what you meant by "so you can meet everyone before you go off to that other site!". It's never my intention to permanently lure members away to ba.com. Both places have something to offer the America and Speedmaster owner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is something about a parallel twin. it just pulsates.
HD maxes out before we even being reving up.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I will never forget my test ride on the Bonnie. Within half a mile of the dealer, my grin was busting out of my full face helmet. That bike was the bike I had been looking for since I started riding in 1990. A year and a half later, and it's still THE BIKE. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
421 Posts
You have found the light! Enjoy that new ride and welcome to a great forum and look forward to meeting some great Brit bike riders. :chug:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome in ! Enjoy it!( what a silly thing to say there is nothing elese you can possibly do!)

There is no known cure ( thank goodness )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.