Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one. I abused my position as pack leader and took a black s3 for a whole weekend of moto-hooliganism. It was one of the Triumph Australia demo fleet and my dealer said 'Do what you want with it, it`s not ours.' I walked right into the trap...
They knew I`d become addicted. A sample posting on this forum a week or so ago assuaged me of any fears about the beast and convinced me that I`d be at home amongst similarly disturbed misfits. A kind offer from another regular (and good mate) on here, to lend me his now redundant TORS cans, sealed the deal. I`m not getting rid of my sprint, though. I may never ride it again but I`m just too fond of it. Keeping 2 bikes means a few cutbacks, unfortunately the Ethiopian kid we`ve been sponsoring is about to go on a crash diet. I know he`ll understand. At least he would do if he`d ridden a 1050 S3...

They have a black one in the shop, but my better half convinced me that for resale value, I`m best to wait 5 weeks till January 1st and get an 07 compliance, 07 first rego bike. I wish she wasn`t so ****** sensible! I think it`ll be the longest 5 weeks I`ve ever had to wait.

Under Queensland Law, I have a cooling off period, so you can talk me out of it if you want, I`m all ears!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Congrats, don't worry about that Ethiopian kid, I'm sure he has saved enough of that 15 cents a month you were sending him to get through the winter 'till he finds a new sponsorship deal. :-D After all being a free agent is quite lucrative. :-D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah don't worry about the Ethiopian kid - Madonna will adopt him when she finds out.... Anyways you have a much better cause now (Speedy) to donate to. Waiting for all the tree hugging do gooders on this site to start having a pop now!! :lalala:

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
welshrob, always knew you were nutty enough to buy one, but come on, didn't know you was so ignorant to buy such a color as black?!? :hammer: :-D Wait fer the 07's and git green! :-D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welsh! dont listen to cheap he's still peaved cause his fuzzy dice dont match that fugly color! congrats on the speedy! Its a blast...68 degrees here in kcmo and I gotta work but rode speedy in and am gonna shut down the shop at noon! Lets Ride! sean...

·
Registered
979 Posts
On 2006-11-24 07:41, cheapbastard wrote:
welshrob, always knew you were nutty enough to buy one, but come on, didn't know you was so ignorant to buy such a color as black?!? :hammer: :-D Wait fer the 07's and git green! :-D
Love that green but the leprechauns told me not to paint mine green,they were pretty convincing at the time as they were packing oozies. :-D :hammer:

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They already have green and white ones on the shop floor. The green is reminiscent of the early S3`s and the first of the 955 Tigers. When I was in the shop I saw a small child trying to lick the paintwork on the green one, he must have thought it was lime flavour! Green`s not for me, though. I wanted white but the wife and work colleagues convinced me I had to get black to be a cool dude..

J

·
0 Posts
I just bought a white S3. I have been looking for a while and for some reason the white is my favorite. Black was too ... well ... black. I looked like a badass in my twenties. It isn't me anymore. The green I love but it's too green. (it's not easy being green).

As far as waiting five weeks for the bike. I live in Vermont, USA at 45 degrees north parallel and it won't be warm enough to even ride it home until March, 2007. I can go and visit tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts