Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone remember the old BMW ad (from when BMW meant Black mit White)?
If you want to be happy for a day - Drink
If you want to be happy for a year - Marry
If you want to be happy for life - buy a BMW

·
Registered
819 Posts
Reminds me when I drive at the speed limit on the outside lane, often its a self entitled car driver that flashes lights and beeps horn. Well too bad, its not an overtaking lane, you're just reinforcing the stereotype and are welcome to rear end my car with your more expensive ostentatious car. TBH I do sometimes actively target these cars and box them in the lane for fun.
Sounds like fast car envy. Yes, the fast lane IS for overtaking. You must drive a Prius. What a duchbag.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Should be douchebag. In the US, for some detractors, owning a Prius is synonymous with a politically correct goody two shoes nanny state loving driver. Or something like that. There are those who are Prius owners who think they are saving the planet and those who don't own who see it as a false messiah. You know, the production of the batteries, what happens to all those batteries, etc. Anyway, back to this wayward thread. If there is a passing lane where you live and you are driving in said lane at the speed limit and someone from behind wants to pass others legally in this lane, you should if possible, move over and let them go. Granted, they should at least allow you to move over before flashing high beams or honking. Two way street so to speak. Humans need to become nicer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Humans need to become nicer.
I think this is exactly the point, for some reason when some people get behind the wheel it seems to change them. Not pointing any fingers here because I'm not totally faultless when I drive a car, I don't think anyone can claim to be.
In the UK we don't really have an issue with Prius's or any Hybrid cars for that matter, you can't really drive that quickly over here anyway because the roads aren't built for it except the motorways, but even these are normally jammed solid with other vehicles and have got speed cameras all over them.
We do get the problem with some drivers charging up behind other motorists on the outside lane trying to push their way through by flashing their headlights though, this annoy's me too, but I normally just smile to myself because you can bet your bottom dollar that there's going to be a traffic jam a couple of miles further down the road and they'll be sat in it along with all the drivers they have just overtaken.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts