Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
There is a particular model of bike that I like from every manufacturer. In general, I appreciate BMW, but I have never liked the way most of their bikes look. I just think the R9T is ugly. The S1000RR, though, that is a great machine.

·
Registered
415 Posts
technically correct, but I gotta say you guardians of the hwy really need to get a life.
I don't think WastedMerc is trying to be a guardian of anything, if you were to read his comment properly he was talking about some drivers that come flying up behind you in the outside lane flashing their lights as to try and get you to move out of the way.
self entitled car driver that flashes lights and beeps horn
It just so happens that the people who tend to do this are idiots in German cars, I've had this happen to me on several occasions, and if you condone this behavior then you are just as bad as they are and perhaps you need to get a life, what are you 10 years old or something?
When I drive a car I stick to the speed limits 'cause there's no point in hurrying in a car, you know your going to get stuck in a jam a couple of miles further up the road and If I get some twat flashing his lights behind me then I just take a whole lot more time to do my maneuver. It has nothing to do with being some sort of 'guardian' it's called be responsible, you can cause a lot of damage in a two ton plus car, I've seen it!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Same in Australia. Like most road rules here it is largely ignored by self important persons who believe it is their birth-right to drive wherever they want at whatever speed they choose.
I think they're the same wherever you come from, we get exactly the same self important idiots on the road over here.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gosh, this thread is still running! It must be heading for the record :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
"... end of discussion"
That was the point of it, end of discussion.
I've never owned or ridden a HD, I would like to own one some day.
BMW is like beer to me, I've tried many types, been to a few taste testing events. I dont like beer alcohol... end of discussion

·
Driftless Admin
11,399 Posts
I about cut out beer when I realized it's not the alcohol that was making me feel like crap the next day. I can drink gin and bourbon to my hearts content and feel great for it. but not beer. Don't know what that is.

Anyways, it's all good. This thread is fine, I was just idly blabbering away ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,608 Posts
I like beer. I do not drink any other beverage with alcohol. But I certainly like beer. :p

Never met a beer I did not get along with.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
It's the yeast and carbs in beer that can cause issues for some. Gin and Bourbon are low on the carb scale. Even considered okay on a Keto diet. Not to start another tangent of this meandering thread.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I have a problem with anybody that gets in the fast lane for the sole purpose of blocking another driver. If that was misinterpeted my bad.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It’s pretty pathetic that some of you are dumping all over BMW and Harley riders for being A holes, not nice people etc... maybe you should take a step back and take a look in the mirror.

·
Super Moderator
1,608 Posts
Actually that's where I usually see HD riders after I pass them holding everyone up in the fast lane and passing on the middle lane....
I have no issues with BMW riiders. They do not seem to have the attitude problem.

·
Driftless Admin
11,399 Posts
You did move perilously close to a certain town that gets very crowded in early August out there. You need to fit in.

Have you been to Rice's in Rapid City? I stopped in there a couple summer's ago, nice dealership with multi-brands. They went all-in on Triumph just about then, they were just starting up with our favorite brand.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I like beer. I do not drink any other beverage with alcohol. But I certainly like beer. :p

Never met a beer I did not get along with.
My favorite alcohol is Gin, followed by 151 proof dark rum.

I keep beer drinking to a minimum. Most of my beer consumption is dark beer at a German restaurant while eating a good meal with friends.

There is a microbrew produced one my state (another dark beer) it is 12.5% alcohol. It is almost like drinking a port wine. This beer is my only exception to good GERMAN beer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
There is a microbrew produced one my state (another dark beer) it is 12.5% alcohol. It is almost like drinking a port wine. This beer is my only exception to good GERMAN beer.
Look up Unibroue from Quebec. Unibroue

They make some awesome beer and it's available in your state and many more. Mu favourite is Unibroue and don't let the name fool you.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts