Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I removed my fly screen. But I have a question for those who have done this already. The plate to which the screen mounts is held to the instrument panel by three bolts/washers. I was in a hurry and didn't put those back in before installing the finishing cover on the instrument case. My question is: are those bolts neccessary to hold something on or can I just toss 'em? (06 Speedy by the way)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry, don't know about the bolts.

But I did have a question regarding removing the fly screen. Did it make much or any difference at all to the amount of wind you take in the chest?

·
Banned
277 Posts
When i put the flyscreen on my '06 i thought the display mounted to the face with one bolt and two rubber plugs that just pressed into the plate. If you left those plugs out i would think it would rattle. Of course I do have somewhat of a short-term memory problem.:icon_drink:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, don't know about the bolts.

But I did have a question regarding removing the fly screen. Did it make much or any difference at all to the amount of wind you take in the chest?
I haven't noticed any difference in wind blast up to 80mph.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I put a street triple fly screen on mine. Yes, I have noticed a slight difference in wind blast up at 80 mph. Also, those three bolts on the backing plate stabilize it, so you need it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For a moment, the title misled me. When you said totally naked, you were refering to the BIKE!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts