Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took to my S3 seat on the weekend and chopped 1 inch out of it - as was explained on one of the posts. I can now place the balls of both my feet on the ground and in my opinion is more comfortable than before.

Now I need to know which set of Renthal bars to put on it, I went to an accessories shop and they have a dozen different types of bars. What I would like is the same style (reach - position) of bar thats on the bike now but 1 inch higher. Has anyone got a Renthal part number?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you want one inch higher DO NOT get the Renthal streetfighter bars as they are pretty close to the stock bar size. Also keep in mind that if you go an inch higher you might need to change the front brake line.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you go 1 inch higher, You will absolutely need new brake lines.
I put Renthal street fighter bars on mine and needed to bend the banjo at the M/C so it would not pop out of the fender clips, It may have been due to the width being a half inch wider.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On 2006-12-05 07:43, Trumpy1050 wrote:
I took to my S3 seat on the weekend and chopped 1 inch out of it - as was explained on one of the posts. I can now place the balls of both my feet on the ground and in my opinion is more comfortable than before.
How did you do that mate, or where is the relevant post?
I need to do lower mine too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On 2006-12-05 07:43, Trumpy1050 wrote:
do you mind me asking how tall/short you are? I'm 5'4" (~160 - 165cm), and I'm installing the Hagon short shock, which is supposed to drop the seat height by 2" (50mm), I'm hoping it'll be enough to get the balls of both feet on the ground.

Thanks,
Jonty

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
You can always chop a half inch off the bottom tubes of the rear subframe. That'll drop the arse-end quite a bit and lower seat height while keeping the suspension geometry the same. Might be something I'll do when I get the frame and subframe coated black. We did it to my dad's SV1000 project bike and it worked beautifully for lowering the tail.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Oh, but you'll need to have the equipment and knowledge to weld aluminum...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts