Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I wanted a fun little bike that I could mess around on and commute to work with. It's not a Triumph, but it is a "modern" cafe racer in its own right. Last night I bought this 20 year old, yeah that's right...20 year old 1989 Honda Hawk GT NT650. 650cc V-twin , single sided swing arm, with 11,000 original miles on the clock and I'm the third owner. The price was right at $2500 bucks. Its got some scratches and a couple dings here and there, but its in remarkable shape. Has an aftermarket pipe and a K&N type filter, new tires and a recent oil change. It needs nothing. I'm planning on making a few mods and having some fun with it, might become a commuter bike for a spell, them maybe a track day bike, time will tell. It's a pretty rare machine, and I've had a hard time finding them for less than $4k. So I was happy to get this one. It has lots of pull, and it handles great. I can't wait to get a tag on it and start farting around with it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Congrats ! Those Hawk GTs are cool bikes . Yours in particular is in excellent shape . Good find .

·
Registered
616 Posts

I wanted a fun little bike that I could mess around on and commute to work with. It's not a Triumph, but it is a "modern" cafe racer in its own right. Last night I bought this 20 year old, yeah that's right...20 year old 1989 Honda Hawk GT NT650. 650cc V-twin , single sided swing arm, with 11,000 original miles on the clock and I'm the third owner. The price was right at $2500 bucks. Its got some scratches and a couple dings here and there, but its in remarkable shape. Has an aftermarket pipe and a K&N type filter, new tires and a recent oil change. It needs nothing. I'm planning on making a few mods and having some fun with it, might become a commuter bike for a spell, them maybe a track day bike, time will tell. It's a pretty rare machine, and I've had a hard time finding them for less than $4k. So I was happy to get this one. It has lots of pull, and it handles great. I can't wait to get a tag on it and start farting around with it.
I can't get past the part about an 89 Hawk being a 20 year old bike. Never mind me while I just sit over here and age some more...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts