Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke down and ordered Hogslayers (polished) and a Triumph filter today. I'll be out of town for about three weeks and dealer says he'll have them when I get back.
My bike's production date is 1-27-2010, and thanks to the pics Dazco posted, I know I have the secondary SFI. I'll have to look up the right tune when I have them installed. I also had the dealer set aside a couple of exhaust gaskets even though the install video says they're re-usable.
This forum has been a great resource for me; as an example I learned about the SFI, proper tunes, chance of gaskets getting messed up when changing exhausts - all right here. Thanks guys - ya'll (NC for all-of-you...) have been really helpful! :bow

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a stupid question as I'm not too bright.When you say "SFI",I presume that you're referring to "sequential fuel injection" correct?? Atleast that's what we call it in the automotive business.If that's true,what is secondary SFI??? Thanks! Dummy Dave!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Way to go Old Gray, installing mine tomorrow.
Bike is 2010, factory 1700 with SAI. Tune I'll use is 20310 (OEM short tor tune) is what dealer recommended. Tune will be followed by 12 min. adaptation (which should reset TPS).

Will post how I made out.

John

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, you ain't no dummy! You're one of the one's who provide great insight and info here. And yes, I meant SAI - thank's Lantesh.
Speaking of which, why was it discontinued on later production models?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Love my Hogslayers and you will too. They are much shorter than OEM long pipes and as Daz has told us numerous times the shorter pipes makes rear wheel access easier - even little things like wheel cleaning and tire pressure maintance. The pipes cruise very quiet, you do not get that loud cruise rumble you hear when a harley goes by, and bark when you open it up - exactly what I wanted. The short TORS might have as well, but I got to see and hear the Hogs in person and so that did it for me. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't wait!
Don't tell Daz - but I've been inquiring re the BB kit too - dealer has never done one though, and I'm not sure I want to be the guinea pig. The head tech seems very competent and says it's not a big deal. He asked me how fast I wanted to go and I told him I'm a very conservative rider - no need for fast. I'm just interested because I'm curious, because it's out there, and because Dazco is giving me an inferiority complex about not fully enjoying the potential of my bike!

·
Registered
458 Posts
That Dazco guy - do you know what he made me do? Caused me to do. He caused me to contact British Customs and have them send me the PDF file with the parts list and blow up pictures of the BB kit - and then I took it down to my local motorcycle pro-shop and have them give me an estimate - they too said no big deal - they have done many of these kits on other brand bikes - and their estimate was cheaper than the Triumph Dealer's was - go figure. But it all started with Daz and him tellin us how fun his bike is. I too feel like I must be limiting myself and missing out on something grand. Peer pressure doesn't end in High School apparently.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Install update

OldGrey

Completed install on Friday. Mechanical took about 1 1/4 hours (including UNI filter) while on side stand. Had extra exhaust gaskets handy but didn't need them.
Loaded the short TORS tune for 1700 w/SAI (20310) using TuneECU. I reset the TPS as well.
I had no problems and the battery voltage dropped to 12.3 volts but climbed back to 12.4-5. I did have on battery tender and pulled both headlight any accessory fuses.
Ran the 12 minute adaptation when done.

The Hogslayers wake the bike right up. Nice low cruise tone, move your wrist and they growl with a very unique bark. I think you'll love them I do. I have noticed very minor popping on hard decellerating but I had that with factory's.

John

·
Registered
458 Posts
I heartily reccommend installing them yourself. It is simpler than a spare tire on your car. It was very easy to carefully slide the new pipes in without damaging the gaskets. Also if you go to British Customs website they have a really nice stupid proof video of a guy showing you exactly how to unscrew each nut and bolt and putting the new ones on. Course I'm $$ challenged and have to save wherever I can - if you can afford it, drop the bike off and go have breakfast with the old lady and then ride home - sounds pretty good too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts