Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my Hyperpro suspension combi kit last week and the forks are at the suspension shop for install. The shock will likely wait until I can ride it there/wait as they'll only charge me $110 to remove the shock/install new spring/re-install the shock. My WP suspension is a little weak for my 230# geared weight, so the Hyperpro should improve things nicely. Hyperpro also stated they really liked the results with OEM shock valving. What are the spring rate differences? According to Hyperpro:
1.) OEM WP fork springs are a linear rate of .53kg/mm. The Hyperpro springs are progressive wound from .63kg/mm > .77kg/mm.
2.) OEM shock spring is linear weight of .97kg/mm. The Hyperpro spring is progressive wound from 1.15kg/mm > 1.65kg/mm

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you get these fitted up Troop? How are they?

I reckon I float around the same weight as yourself geared and loaded, have had the suspension fettled by a shop but they reckoned different springs too (Told me to see how I got on with the adjustments, day and night difference!)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the fork springs installed, but as of yet, not the shock spring. Still single digit temps/15" snow on the ground, so I have some time :(. The fork does feel noticeably firmer just by sitting on it but not rock hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Troop,

I am same weight as you and would like to do the spring kit also. Where do you buy the combi kit, I can’t find it anywhere except eBay, with no real technical description.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contact Klaus at EPM Performance ..
http://epmperf.com/

TIGER 800 2015-2018 XC / XCx / Xca

Front fork springs/oil: SP-TR08-SSA013

Rear spring: SP-TR08-SSB013

Front+rear combi kit: SP-TR08-SSC013

·
Registered
5 Posts
EPM has very helpful. I am going to at least try to find a linear spring, if it’s out there. Traxion has them, but they are 8 inches, which supposedly would require a spacer. Troop, will you measure your old spring for unsprung length? It seems odd to buy a ‘to short’ spring, which would just reduce travel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your attention to detail is impressive. Can you measure the shock spring too? I feel too needy, but it’s for a good cause.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts