Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone heard or aware of a Hydraulic replacement for the Clutch Lever
After riding solid for over 12 hours & just under 1000K my hand had given up & the thought came to me that while on a normal days it seems pretty good but on the day in question I needed some help. Anyone else hit the same barrier ??

This posting relates to the Speed Triple NOT the Street

·
Registered
366 Posts
Haven't heard of any clutch pull problems for the Streety. Judging from your avitar....did you mean to post this under Speed Triple??

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Funny you should ask as that was the question I posed to the dealer in SLC. The answer was "No." I then asked why. The response was "You get better feel and control with cables." At first I was skeptical, but after purchasing my CBRXX, I can vouch for the fact that cable does give better feel and better control. Some bikes benefit from hydraulics, others don't. Hydraulics on a big Goldwing make good sense. Not so much on a rock-n-roll hooligan bike. IMHO

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

Haven't heard of any clutch pull problems for the Streety. Judging from your avitar....did you mean to post this under Speed Triple??
Yep s/been in the Speed Triple Forum guess my hands still feeling the pinch !!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Buy a Powerball and build up your wrist strength. Really works wonders but just like any equipment you need to use it regularly. I had the same problem for a long while and the powerball was the cure.

Just a thought, have you adjusted your clutch lever position so that it is slightly below the level of the bars.......and have you got an adjustable clutch lever because the standard ones are a long stretch for small hands ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts