Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading EURO'S post about vacation days in other parts of the world and it got me to thinking.

How many of you are into the annual deer harvest?

Around these parts, deer hunting is BIG. Factorys, schools, offices, stores, etc, just close the doors for the opening day of rifle deer season, might as well, nobodys goin to be there.

Guys and gals alike will not take a vacation day all year long, no matter how hot and humid it gets, just to have days left in the fall for deer season. Bow season has been goin on for awhile, but rifle season is HUGE.

Every year in late summer you will see them pouring over the new Cabelas catalog picking out new clothes,guns, ammo, equipment etc. I guess the stuff they bought last fall completely wore out in the closet. :-D It's kind of comical really. Reminds me of my wife, " i'am goin huntin and i have nothin to wear". :-D

On the news the buck poles from around the state will have live updates and interviews of the hunter that bagged the big one. Human interest stories about the dad teachin his baby girl to hunt will be there. Stories about safety and stayin in shape for the season are there.

After a couple days into the season you will see the inevitable. Someone was shot accidentely/on purpose, fell out of the tree stand and died, had a heart attack. Then there are the freakin terrorists from OHIO that come up here just to piss me off, just kiddin. :-D

Anyway, to me, it's the best time of the year to walk thru the woods, but also, the best time of the year to stay OUT of the woods. There will always be some jackass that left his deer season widow at home," She's at the bar for widows night out," and is sitting in the woods, either still drunk from the night before or really hungover and is packing a hi-powered rifle. HUntin is obviously not my bag. I dont have a problem with it at all, good luck and be safe, just not for me. I groove on some fishin though and love to shoot competitions. JUst an amusing observation of local tradition.

Almost forgot. A university professor decided to spice up a particularly dry lecture about anatomy. After getting the attention of one female student who was obviously dozing, the prof asked her, "do you know what your A$$hole is doin while you are having an orgasm?".

Thru sleepy eyes she says, "Probably deer hunting with his buddies". :-D Cheers.

·
Registered
591 Posts
:roflmoa2: Love that joke.

It was the same way when I lived in Kansas. My Mom, sister, and I used to celebrate opening day by having a party. All the women and kids from the neighborhood (sparsly populated river community) used to come over and we'd have a BBQ/party. Everyone was always in a great mood because red-neck dad was out frezzin his balls off, shooting at anything that moved, and we were free for a coupla days.
The women mostly smoked weed in the barn while us kids were sneakin' liquor down to the basement for games of Mario Brothers and Spin The Bottle. Good times.
:upthumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts