Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Guys...

My wife just got me a carbon fiber hugger for my b-day, and I had a mounting question. There is a mounting hole on the opposite side of the chainguard that lines up with a drilled hole on the swingarm. The hole is filled with a plastic plug. Anybody know what size screw to use? Do I need to remove the plug and tap the hole or will screwing into the plastic be sturdy enough?

Thanks,

--Kai

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Already threaded and the plug is very simply prised out with the flat blade of a screwdriver,screw is the same thread and size as the ones that hold the original chain guard on, if your hugger comes with a built in chainguard you should have mounting bolts with it and you can use any of the one's that you remove to fit the hugger if your short,if the hugger came without fixing bolts then you will need one for that hole i would get a copy of the one that mounts the rear of the chainguard as it is a goog length for the job, hope this makes sense as I am a bit tired.

[ This message was edited by: doodledog on 2007-02-27 13:32 ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.