Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Well, I've got the daytona, but I need to make a couple of changes to perfect her. The thing is, it's quite tricky to source parts, I've found.

I'm looking for some fairly flush front indicators that allow vehicles to see them flashing if travelling in the opposite direction (some are so flat you can only see them when looking sideways onto the bike). I'd like these to be road legal.
Also, some more subtle rear indicators would be nice, but again road legal and actually bright and useful.

I've found it tricky to locate a hugger. It only has to be black and very basic. No mesh or carbon fiber... Any suggestions?

Finally, a double bubble screen woul be sweet, but since I have a black helmet with mirrored visor, a mirrored screen would be jaw-dropping. Do these exist or will I have to go for dark tinted black?

Have any of you tried to use M and P's website? Shockingly bad to find stuff.

If possible, I'd like to source the parts from the UK to keep things simple.

Thanks for all your help, guys!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi.

You don't say what model Daytona that you have but SkidMarx have a double bubble screen, Triumph have an inexpensive Hugger available as a factory extra.

No idea about indicators as I haven't explored that option. I figure that I really want people to know where I'm headed...

Cheers,

Linz :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, it's a 2005 955i.

I certainly want effective indicators, but I like the idea of making the sides smoother. I plan to slap a wolf underseat which will really neaten it up, so slicker indicators will really help finish the look.

I'll take a look into the triumph hugger. How much are we looking at for the hugger?

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
loco, As for turn signals, installed a set of front t/signals that look like VW beetle items on the RC51 (SP2) and seem to be the best flush design that can can be seen all around. I really like the Lockhart-Phillips clear fronts on the silver '02 D955i, but haven't seen 'em on a black bike Move the fronts to the rear to tighten up the look there. The fronts were inexpensive and available at any m/c shop, rears, well, free.

I've the Triumph aeroscreen and it, or any double bubble should've been standard, IMHO.

Brad

[ This message was edited by: bradtx on 2006-12-11 09:29 ]

·
Registered
263 Posts
Try

Busters

I don't think anyone does a mirrored screen. If you can't see what you want on their site, give them a call they are usually quite helpfull, and generally cheaper than M&P.

(No I don't work for them !)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, nice one mate, looks like they do do one! check out the silver iridium screen:

here

·
Registered
366 Posts
Here's a pic of my front signal mod. (thread here) Clean and visible to the front and sides.

After modding the fronts, I moved the factory front signals to the rear...several inches narrower.

[ This message was edited by: Sprocketjockey on 2006-12-12 11:54 ]

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Sprocket-nice stuff! Great job on the detailing, looks lik a factory job. Gonna try it.

P.S. -I just keep posting the picture of the Duc so maybe when 675 sales drop off next spring, Triumph will know where they went.

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2006-12-12 16:38 ]

·
Registered
52 Posts
QBCarbon and Pyramid make carbon huggers for the Daytona.

As for a screen, I am having a double bubble screen made for me by CarbonFreak here in the states. He's a good guy to deal with, and I'm sure he would be more than happy to make another one for you. Let me know if you are interested, and I'll get you the contact information.

--Kai

·
Registered
899 Posts
Kai,

Post a picture after you get it and install it along with the contact info. I'm looking for a decent quality double bubble here in the states.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Triumphtimes,

I am waiting for it now. It is a carbon fiber screen that is being made from a mold of an existing double bubble screen. I'm not quite sure when it will be ready.

Here is a link to a picture of the same screen for a Suzuki.

http://www.sportbikes.net/Carbonfreak.html

Once the mold gets done, it shouldn't be much of a problem at all for him to make mroe screens..

--Kai

1 - 12 of 12 Posts