Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
old School Physics experiment involving running up stairs one step at a time, and timing it. Using the mass of the individual, height of the step, number of steps and the time, combined with some obscure calculations, you can come up with an arcane unit of measurement for energy delivery...

In my day I was 1.2HP

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
I understand that questions like "come and tell me about your day" and "do you have a boyfriend yet?" when asked by a father as the daughter comes in from school can increase the stair performance to the extent that you reduce the time to get up them by some 40% indicating a 30% increase in calculated horsepower.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was wondering if there was some way to bolt her to the bike to use the extra horsepower similar to the KERS system on a Formula 1 car, but then realised the extra weight would negate the extra power. Maybe if she held on to a big bunch of helium balloons? Thats it!!! I should be an engineer!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.