Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm looking into getting a new exhaust for my striple. I've narrowed it down to an HP Corse Hydroform or the Arrow. Was wondering what peoples thoughts on both of these are and if someone does have the HP Corse what is your review on it and comparing it to the arrow? (If you can).

·
Registered
895 Posts
I went with the Hydroform strictly on looks, and weight, over the Arrow. It's certainly less in overall size than the Arrow. I can't really compare the two for you. I haven't ridden, or ridden with, an Arrow equipped Streety. I will say, I had my dealer put the Arrow tune in my bike when I put the Hydrform on, and it runs great. I did not ride the bike with the OEM can on. Bought it over winter, no riding opportunity until I got the Hydroform.

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
I have a Remus, but that's beside the point. In my opinion the Arrow looks too much like the OEM exhaust, and the OEM one strikes me as being formed from whatever scrap duct work they had left over from their last HVAC renovation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with the Hydroform strictly on looks, and weight, over the Arrow. It's certainly less in overall size than the Arrow. I can't really compare the two for you. I haven't ridden, or ridden with, an Arrow equipped Streety. I will say, I had my dealer put the Arrow tune in my bike when I put the Hydrform on, and it runs great. I did not ride the bike with the OEM can on. Bought it over winter, no riding opportunity until I got the Hydroform.
How are you licking the Hydroform? Any negative and positive to say about it? Any maintenance issues at all? How's the sound of the exhaust?

·
Registered
895 Posts
How are you licking the Hydroform? Any negative and positive to say about it? Any maintenance issues at all? How's the sound of the exhaust?
I've only put about 1300 miles on it. So far, so good. I like the way it kinda tucks in to the swingarm. I do, occasionally, put my heal down on it. But, it's usually just a touch. Don't know how I feel about the sound. I can be distracted by excessive volume, always a little leery of pissing off too many people. On the Sprint I operated in near stealth mode with the OEM exhaust :) Which can be nice, at times. I do not subscribe to "loud pipes save lives". I'd rather depend on my situational awareness, and experience. Anywho. The Hydroform sound itself, I think, is nice. From the seat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
have you ever looked into ones like the sc project or competition werks?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can I ask a sort of off topic question?
Where were you planning on getting the Hydroform from? I just emailed about every website I can find it on after not receiving one I had on order from an eBay seller after two months and everyone is saying they're at least another 4 weeks out before they get em back in stock.
If you have some hidden site or source id love to know. :)

Otherwise I obviously prefer the Hydroform. Arrow in person is a bit quiet for my taste.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can I ask a sort of off topic question?
Where were you planning on getting the Hydroform from? I just emailed about every website I can find it on after not receiving one I had on order from an eBay seller after two months and everyone is saying they're at least another 4 weeks out before they get em back in stock.
If you have some hidden site or source id love to know. :)

Otherwise I obviously prefer the Hydroform. Arrow in person is a bit quiet for my taste.

I actually contacted the manufacturer. I had to make an account on their website and spam email them one email a day until they contacted me.

Here is the e-mail they contacted me from. [email protected]

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thanks for that post. I really like the sound of the stock exhaust on my 2013 Street Triple and those videos remind me why.

When I clicked on the first one, wife was in the kitchen making breakfast. She trotted in with a smile and said, "It sounds like you just started Wolf in the living room."

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ive had both; hp first then arrow. I like the arrow better. Its not as loud as the hp and just feels better to me. Of course maybe its just my ocd because triumph has a map for the arrow but not for the hp. Love the tone of the arrow at high rpm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts