Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya all.were having a bit of hot weather here in southern Oz and I gotta say the new bonnie loves it ! A coupla hundred klicks at 45 plus temps and riding 2 up I"m looking for a shady spot but the Bonnie says GO ! Man what a machine:)J.B.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got power cuts,can't run the trains,tracks are buckled,dogs are making love to cats, even saw a horse with a hard on,its crazy but the apples are even falling from the trees:)J.B.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you ride outta the Adelaide hills and see the plains in front of you I mean its limitless it goes forever I could ride to Melbourne without hitting a bump:)J.B

·
Registered
427 Posts
Must admit to staying off the bike these last few days, too damn hot. For those who have never rode in high tempertures 45° = 118° the hot air burns your nose as you breath, you have to cover your skin head to foot or it would burn raw, so being wrapped up on a baking hot day, is too damn hot

·
Registered
284 Posts
Having spent time in the odd desert or two I dont mind the heat. Its when its humid and hot that I dont like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Talk about hot!

I live in Rancho Mirage, CA: middle of the desert! 115, 120 degrees not unusual in the summer. The heat kills me but my Bonnie keeps running strong! The oil cooler helps I am sure. Never let the weather stop you from riding. Remember: Real Riders Ride!:D

·
29,948 Posts
I am glad there are folks out enjoying there bikes! Good stuff!

It was a pleasant day here today - 45°F - a brief respite from winter. WE have a little while to go, but I am looking forward to riding soon. Enjoy your rides fellas! I love hearing about them!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Even though it's been really hot in the last week, one of the really good things about riding down here (in Oz) is you can ride pretty much all year round. I realise that our fellow riders in the U.S., U.k. and Europe can have a big down time during winter when the bike's locked up in the garage.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rider-friendly weather in OZ

I agree - I ride about 11 months of the year. We're very lucky here!:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
bought mine in July

in July when in rarely dipped below 90 F for the entire month in Arkansas and the Bonnie took it like a champ - never a problem even in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
When I'm riding home from work, and it's 105 here in Tucson, and if I twist it hard she'll ping...
I just don't ride hard, WOT at that temperature...:flame:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just been out in sun for a coupla hours on the speedie, temps are -1c but windchill is -6c atm, still thawing out :p
The speedie is my only transport and i live in a flat with no garage so she does suffer :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just been out in sun for a coupla hours on the speedie, temps are -1c but windchill is -6c atm, still thawing out :p
The speedie is my only transport and i live in a flat with no garage so she does suffer :(
indeed, a lot of silicon spray and a rain-cover do much for a bike.
be aware for the salt on the roads during winter times!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Grindal tell me about it, had to rush out this afternoon after posting previous message cos it started snowing, so i covered her up for the evening/night. Hopefully roads will be clear for work tomorrow :p

·
Registered
673 Posts
My bike actually runs better when it's 95 and humid out that it does at 75 degrees and pleasant. However, I do get worried that she will overheat when stuck in traffic, but it has never happened.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Been riding nonstop since November 2007 when I picked up my Bonnie - nary a heat issue. Kept worrying about it through my first summer with it in Phoenix, riding above 110F, but the worries were for nothing. Always ran strong. Couldn't be happier with the performance. :D

Jeff

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just confirmed Australia had the highest Temp in the world yesterday,how did the Bonnie do ? Still needed slight choke at 4am-thats 32 degrees in the morning,before the big yellow thing comes up,you remember that ,na I'm teasingJ.B.:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts