Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an 01 Speedy with 3800 miles. Its got the Triumph Carbon Fiber exhaust and a seat cowl. He wanted $5350 for it (way to much). I talked him down to $4700.
Is this reasonable? I am not looking for a steal because this is the first good lightly used S3 I have found in TX and am willing to pay a little more to not have to ship it from PA (BTW Why do all ebay S3's seem to come from PA??!?)
Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
On 2007-03-06 09:26, Speedy_Tex wrote:
I am looking at an 01 Speedy with 3800 miles. .... this is the first good lightly used S3 I have found in TX .....
This sounds like the one on E-Bay that just expired 'reserve-not-met' - the one with the ahem 'model' on it.

I think $4700 would be an excellent value for that bike and don't think that would at all be 'paying extra', to the contrary. I wouldn't actually even say $5300 was way too much either, considering the miles.

Now the T509 in Houston - that's a screaming bargain!!!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sounds expensive to me.
I paid $5300 for an '03 two years ago. Had 3700 mi. and was in perfect cond.
Do some more checking around.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
That's a good price for an '01 with that few miles. My '01 has 26,000 on it and I wouldn't sell it for 3800.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it was the one on ebay with the...ummm... "model" on it.
I appreciate all of your help. I think I'll pick it up Thursday.
Now where is my bottle of "Skank-B-Gone" to wipe the poor thing down?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts