Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on here for a couple weeks. Seems like a great website.
37 yrs old always wanted a bike, never got one.

Sooo -took MSF course 2 months ago.

Just got my new bike today :clap: - 2006 Silver Bonnie. 790cc.

Took her on my first ride today, just stuck around the neighborhood. Was great !
:-D :-D :-D

Looking forward to reading more on here , seems to be a lot of good info ! -George

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome! At 36 and after 36 years of waiting I bought my first bike this past May. An 03 Bonnie with 900 mi on it. It came with quite a few mods and I've done very little to it myself so far, but I have big big plans baby! (Just need to accumulate some fundage).

Absolutely love the bike, couldn't be happier. I use it as much as possible for my daily commute to work and if I'm lucky take it out "just for fun" on weekends.

You'll love this site. Full of great tips from folks with lots of experience and/or enthusiasm. Just be warned: Bonnies are great for tinkering and tinkeritus is an extremely contagious disease. :cool:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome George (newbie here myself) but I have to say EXCELLENT Choice on the bonnie! Had mine about 5 years now and she is a GEM! Hope you have as good a time on yours as I have had on mine.

Rock on!

Sounds like I ain't the only one with the midlife crisis bonnie LOL

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey newbie!

Do us all a favor and learn from our mistakes. Whether they be from engine braking in a corner - which led to me lowsiding, or a mod gone bad. Or hell.. a mod gone good. The amount of wisdom/sarcasm/people willing to help here is amazing. Enjoy that new ride and take er easy.

~insert cool quote or slice of wisdom here~

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Rode her to work today, about 40 miles each way. Got her up to 75mph for a good stretch and she handled great. All the guys liked her especially some of the old-timers. I guess I'm the only non-Harley guy at work tho ! :-D

My wife tried to tell me this is my mid-life crisis toy but I told her oh no because I'm still gonna get one of those brand new Camaros !

I've really got no mods yet but they did remove the "smog kit" at the dealer. Also got a centerstand after reading some of the posts on here. I'm not sure about the exhaust I guess the stock one will have to stay on for awhile until after Christmas at least. Got to pay off those credit cards you know. !

Anyway I'm sure glad I went with the Bonnie. Its a great bike.

Talk to you guys later - George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.