Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a T-Bird and I'm having a great time with it. Howdy to everyone, hope to get to know all of you.:D

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Welcome! I'm relatively new myself and have just jumped into the group; I'm learning a lot plus having fun.
Ask questions, read past threads, - most anything you may be curious about is here. Be mellow, and expect some kidding - part of the fun.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to keep things light. Nothing is so important in life that can't be settled by a good joke and a beer. Dazco I actually like the new V-Rod Aniversary Edition but that's not really a HD, is it?:D

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
no, it's a Porsche designed engine isn't it? Porsche or one of those euro sport car companies, but i think Porsche. Anyways, i actually like Vrods for thier power and look. To bad they don't handle or might've considered one if not for the bird. But then every time went to the dealer to get a part i'd have to go i disguise. :D

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, it's a Porsche designed engine isn't it? Porsche or one of those euro sport car companies, but i think Porsche. Anyways, i actually like Vrods for thier power and look. To bad they don't handle or might've considered one if not for the bird. But then every time went to the dealer to get a part i'd have to go i disguise. :D
Well as I understand it, yes. It was designed and prototypes were produced by Porsche to take HD out of the 19th and into the 21 century but I guess it never fullly took.:D

What I can't understand is; it's a far better powerplant then the evo motor but the HD guys sort of shun it, go figure.:confused:

Anyway I made my decision for the better and it left me with allot more money for accessories.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome! You'll find that the're be no reason whatsoever for a ride...but you'll find a reason to ride...or maybe you won't, but nonetheless, you'll get on and ride...because it's just that much fun. But then you probably already know that now, as you own one. Congratulations, and welcome to the ever-growing family of Triumph.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice, I really appreciate the welcome. I own two Triumphs right now and I enjoy them both. I grew up riding them and members of my family rode them as well. It's nice to return to something familiar and truely valued.

·
Registered
267 Posts
TBRider. Congratulations on the bike. I only joined the Triumph world this year. Lots of good information on this site. Some spirited discussion too.

Enjoy the new ride. In WI the days could be numbered for riding. Don't care about the temperature but will not be going out on the snow.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome TB - had to take a look hoping you were in Nor-Cal - but alas, no! I fear I'm still the only TBird owner on the northcoast. I've officially owned mine for almost 13 months and I have yet to see another one on the road or parked, except at the dealer. And I have 2 dealers within 40 miles. One of these days I hope to hear a small rumble and turn my head with that "oh another Harley" look on my face and be shocked. I'm sure they will be too and we'll have to find a place to pull over and swap lies.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still haven't seen one either, on the road that is. Kinda makes me feel special, well not that kind of special but unique sort of.

Did stop off a the HD dealer and the manager came out and looked the bike over. Had some really good comments. I suppose it was the beach bars that brought him out but what the hey. When I told him it was a 1700 his jaw dropped.

One guy wanted to drag race and see if I could keep up, told him nothin doing on the street. Did eventually run from stop light to stop light once and it was no contest for the TB. Guy wouldn't leave me alone the rest of the time I was there. Guess he felt obliged to pester me for a full run.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I see I'm going to have to save my nickels and get the 1700 kit...

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a kick! Just have the dealer do the installation, so it's covered under warranty. The 20+ odd horsepower really makes a difference. With the new pipes I'm getting from the UK, cat elimination, Performance Triumph Filter and remap it smokes. It won't lift the front wheel but is will sure brake it loose.

I run a dyno when the new pipes are added.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts