Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I wrap plastic bags around them or something?

·
Registered
648 Posts
You got it. Just use a sandwich bag and a rubber band. Good for washing a bike with pods, for birth control not so much.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool. thanks. She's due

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
If you have pods make sure your side covers are also on. They help stop the spray, and don't aim the hose directly at the pods or carbs.
Use a spray bottle to clean the carbs.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
pod air filters. Like UNIs or EMGOs or K&Ns. A bit susceptible to water infiltration if one is careless. Most side covers keep the water out in most rain conditions, but the direct spray of a hose might get water down the carb throat and into the cylinder.

There are pod condoms of various kinds. Personally, with a properly oiled pod filter, I don't think you need them. But I rode in Vancouver for 5 years as a you one with oiled K&Ns, so what do I know ?

Not spraying a hose directly at them is all you really need to do. A plastic bag is good insurance if you want to go crazy with the hose or you use a pressure washer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I went to a local body shop and looked through their scrap body work pile and found a thin plastic {black} inner fender with the right curve trimmed the pieces with a pair of tin snips. It covers the area from under the tank to under the side cover. I also drilled a hole to snug fit over the front pins of the side covers. Now rain/ wash water is directed around the pods with no lack of performance. It takes the stress out of getting caught in the rain etc. The best part is all it costs is a little time and they aren't obvious unless you have a distinct need to see your pods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts