Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the basics on how to downlaod custom maps but I would like to know how all the different values affect the bike. I want to go with a D&D exhaust on an 08 Street Triple and it recomends the Triumph tune #20198 (TOR) but my dealer seams to think that tune may lead to problems in the future because it is not specificly for that exhaust. I do not want to take my bike to a dyno and have someone else tune it because it would be too much $$$ for my current budget. I've seen on the Triumph675 forum a thread about custom tunes but its 77 pages long and mostly endless babble with only a couple of tunes for the daytona. I know it would be very inconvenient for someone to "hold my hand " through the process so I was wondering if there was any literature on how to use the tuneboy, like "Tuneboy for dummies" or somthin. I looked at the tutorials on the tuneboy website but it doesnt say what the effect would be when you change these values. I understand the air/fuel ratio but everything else is pretty much a different language to me. I downloaded the free "Tune Edit" software and have been playing with it untill I can buy the tuneboy itself. My problem is the D&D exhaust has less back pressure, how do I adjust the tune boy to compensate for that? What do the numbers represent on all the fuel tables (F1, F2, F3, L1, L2, L3, I1, I2)? What does tuning the ignition effect? Do I need to get a masters degree to understand this [email protected] thing? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a ton of info about tuneboy on t595.net go to message boards, then scroll to bottom of page and see efi & tunes/ mapping.
There are also maps/ tunes in the knowledge base for free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts