Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Picking up a new 2008 Sprint St next week and I need to spend the $800.00 in accessories that Triumph is offering . What would be the best combination of accessories to purchase in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
9,797 Posts
I think you should buy a new King and Queen seat and a set of soft bags for my TBS thank you.

Just PM me for my shipping details.

Oh BTW, there may be a few $$ left over.....buy yourself a little something with the change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$800

Excellent suggestion...I'll contemplate that one for awhile..:)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
This is going to get interesting. Probably will be quite a range of answers. Maybe even some from out of the wood work. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
You just gotta get those color coordinated handle bar end fringy streamers. Oh and the flashing LED valve stem caps are to die for:D

But, you'd still have $795.00 to get rid of.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
DTHARP=
You didn't say how much you plan to do loaded touring so here's what I'd do-

Magnetic tank bag- I find it handy to have stuff in front of me rather than behind me. For the extra $10 get the big one. => $150

If you take lot of gear touring, think about the top box and carrier but at $640 for the set you're done shopping.

Heated Grips if you ride when it's cold ================> $220
Tank pad carbon fibre (not cause its carbon) ===========> $ 60
Gel Seat (I like mine but haven't ridden the stock one) ====> $240
Rear axle nut cover (It's their money) ================> $ 90
Total ========================================> $760

I have an '05 and added the aero (not flip up) screen. I believe it's standard on the '08 and works great for me at 5'9"ish.

Happy riding, you'll love the bike!

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
If you are taking out a loan for the Sprint, depending on what interest rate you can get from your bank or credit union, it might work out better to take the 3.9% for 72 months.

If not, then I'd take the TOR muffler & tune and gel seat. That's at least $800 there! :eek:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I just picked up my 08 Sprint yesterday and had the extended windscreen, handle bar risers, heated grips, and rear luggage rack put on it. It was a tad over their $800 but told the dealer I'd by the bike if he would cover the rest. Awesome bike and the dealer did me right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah...the interest rate I got through our credit union was very good, so I am going with the 800 instead..I did the math. Anyone think the top box is worth it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dtharp-
I suggested it only because it would match your side bags, if that matters to you. (Which reminds me, I believe the infill (color) panel is additional $.) I have the box just for when I need the extra capacity. Is it worth it? Not sure- probably depends on how much you would use it and if you like how the bike looks with the carrier rack alone. (I remove mine when the box is off.) It also makes a nice backrest for a pillion.
There are other boxes out there (search) that people are happy with, and WILL fit a helmet.
Kory (Tattooedredhead) may have had the stock box, not sure if he still does.

I bought the top box because I was going on a trip and couldn't get the hard bags in time. I like the other things I listed more than the box; I'm more sport than touring.
The heated grips work no matter which gloves you wear, the carbon tank pad has saved many scratches to the tank.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
You getting hard bags? I'd do that and end up spending $200 extra

·
Registered
99 Posts
800 buckaroos

Yeah...the interest rate I got through our credit union was very good, so I am going with the 800 instead..I did the math. Anyone think the top box is worth it?
I have the Top box, it came with the bike and no I would not buy one. I would upgrade the front suspenders with that money or get the TOR exhaust. The top box in my opinion is heavy when you consider it does not carry that much. On trips I use a soft bag that holds three times the amount of stuff and strap across the back over the side hard bags.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
DTHARP=
You didn't say how much you plan to do loaded touring so here's what I'd do-

Magnetic tank bag- I find it handy to have stuff in front of me rather than behind me. For the extra $10 get the big one. => $150

If you take lot of gear touring, think about the top box and carrier but at $640 for the set you're done shopping.

Heated Grips if you ride when it's cold ================> $220
Tank pad carbon fibre (not cause its carbon) ===========> $ 60
Gel Seat (I like mine but haven't ridden the stock one) ====> $240
Rear axle nut cover (It's their money) ================> $ 90
Total ========================================> $760

I have an '05 and added the aero (not flip up) screen. I believe it's standard on the '08 and works great for me at 5'9"ish.

Happy riding, you'll love the bike!
I have to agree with COBlue's list.

Amazing, here in the UK we got an £800 deal yet I think you guys in the US are getting a much sweeter deal!

I also added some additional carbon bits, but they came out at just over the £800 and my dealer 'insisted' I pay the extra:(:rolleyes:

Anyway - thanks to OnD, I think I have sourced another lovely after market exhaust - and i am well on my way to sorting a rear hugger, paddock stands and some other bling (again mostly down to great tips from OnD).
o
What a friendly bunch of guys here!

Welcome and you'll love your bike!

·
Registered
896 Posts
If the accessories ain`t needed, I`d be tempted to think about getting a $800+ discount off the bike asking price. Also with the current global financial market, I dare say the dealer will give you even more discount just to make the sale

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dtharp- when get back from riding the new bike and wipe the grin off your face, let us know what accessories you chose!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
do they have any backless chaps with SS conchos??

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
If he is in California, those are stocked in all the dealer show rooms. ;)

In Alabama, you'd probably have to go ebay for them.:D

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I would probably put on some accessories and then ask the dealer if you can use some of the cash towards service. In a year or two, you will be spending a good bit more than $800 if the dealer does your service work. Just a thought.

Myself, I don't care for too many of the Triumph accessories. One thing I'd never lay out the cash for but I kind of like is the color-matched mirror stalks. Also I'd consider the TOR. Another idea (if you like carbon stuff) is to get all of it while it's free.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts