Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
18,386 Posts
Hard to be sure from those photos, but I'd say artificial., not real leather. How obvious is the location shown on the second photo? If you just want a practical water seal fix, get some liquid electrical tape. Dab it on sparingly (for appearance sake) and once you've covered the cut, you're done.

If that's not good enough for you, you've really got once choice - remove the seat cover and replace it. It's not rocket science, but it takes a little time and if you're brand new to this kind of work, you might need to do it a couple of times before you get a result you're happy with. There are plenty of youTube videos about recovering a motorcycle seat. There is absolutely no reason that Triumph has to be involved.

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
18,386 Posts
Ah, I see. There's a chance the cover may be a part you can purchase separately from the rest of the seat. If possible, that might be your best option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts