Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a step by step for dummy's guide on how to remove the stock mirrors on a bonneville se?

I tried loosening the two allen screws and trying to twist off the mirror but that didn't work. I'm now thinking of removing the nut ("A" in picture). But I think I rather save myself some potential grief and ask for your help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone know what size wrench i need to unscrew that? or if there's a universal adjustable wrench i can look out for here in the US? unfortunately my craftsman toolbox doesn't have the tool to remove it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is a little mean-spirited, TerryK. Everyone who monkeys with motorcycles has to start somewhere. To someone unfamiliar with things mechanical, it is a foreign land. When a stranger asks where is the bathroom, you don't tell him to go home. You tell him where is the bathroom.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
^ And a good place to start is with mirrors, accessories, etc. In no time the OP will be adjusting the valves. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I say, go for it!
But, you may want to make friends with someone that has tools and a bit more knowledge.

I try to do as much work on my bikes as I can and I've learned alot tackling some tough jobs. However, I also know my limitations and won't hesitate to ask for help or take it to a tuner/professional when warranted.

·
Registered
805 Posts
A is correct. Those hex bolts take the whole assembly off. Just move that black piece up and loosen the nut.

Terry, I sure hope you never need something on this board. You should expect no help and a lot of snide answers. Of course, the rest of us are much nicer, so you probably won't. But that's what you deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
425 Posts
A is correct. Those hex bolts take the whole assembly off. Just move that black piece up and loosen the nut.

Terry, I sure hope you never need something on this board. You should expect no help and a lot of snide answers. Of course, the rest of us are much nicer, so you probably won't. But that's what you deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
TX I'm not going to reply, consider my input finished

1 - 9 of 9 Posts