Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Picked up this British Customs center stand stopper for my SE.

I'm pretty sure this was from the sleeper exhaust but not sure if it suppose to fit the SE. Was told by dealer it suppose to go to right side of where the center stand mount is. Sound simple

But the stopper pin is pretty high so when it get hits the mounting frame, the stopper is way too far from the stand to stop it hitting the chain. Gap is around 1"

I have an idea of either drilling and installing a bolt to move the stopping position lower
Or drill a hole on the other end and mount a L bracket with a rubber stopper.

Was wondering if anyone have use this bracket and possibly show me how it's mounted on yours just incase I was given the wrong info.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Don't believe that was available back when I changed my exhaust.
This is Loxpump's mod from way back when if you get stuck, it's worked for me for years.

Reactions: okitoki

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't believe that was available back when I changed my exhaust.
This is Loxpump's mod from way back when if you get stuck, it's worked for me for years.
yeah saw that post mentioned in a few threads, and I was hoping taking the stand off and drill it is my last option as I do not have access to a drill press
I was thinking I might find 2 large nuts that I can place over the pin and JB weld it with the first nut act as the stopper while the 2nd nut on top would act more of a stopper just incase the constant knocking might break the JB weld off the first nut and atleast it wont fall off.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Fixed...... seems to be a display error?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have a response from BC. I've made the mistake thinking it fits between the from and the stand.
Makes more sense now I have a reference photo :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Ah, if all else fails read the instructions LOL

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, if all else fails read the instructions LOL
Actually, I can't find instructions on them and most videos I have seen are on the kick stand only

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems like the SE center stand is mounted differently to the T100.
In the photo is shown with the center stand is bolted from the outside, while the SE is on the inside.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Photo of my SE center stand... so the BE instruction won't work for mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts