Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to change the speedo from MPH to KM on the Street Triple ? I just picked up the bike yesterday and I guess the dealer forgot to check it. Funny they made sure my cash was alright before I left the lot !!

All that aside this bike is awsome. I read a lot about this machine before I pulled the trigger and man it has by far exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just checked the owners manual and that's the one thing they don't tell you how to change. It doesn't seem to be covered except it says it can be changed. Sorry...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just a quick question - does Canada work in kms and USA in American miles? That sounds as weird as the UK being the only country in Europe to use miles (although maybe Ireland has stayed with miles, haven't been there since Shengen was signed, so don't know. I am intrigued by the difference in continental North America though:confused:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Canada and Mexico are in Kms and the US is in miles

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK, good to know - we'd have an easier time riding chez vous than in the States then - although we go to see my family in UK every year, and don't ever really have problems, just stay ready to say "that's why I was maybe going a little fast, officer - got the units wrong!!" :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats usually my excuse when the boys in blue catch me speeding on the way up from Seattle back to Vancouver :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Street Triple R from Mph to KM

Hi,
Yeh Ireland moved from miles to kilometers a good few years ago. I guess they did it as a part of integrating with European standards.

Anyway, so pressing the 3 buttons all at the same time changes the mph to km right? I dont think that here in Spain they would fall for that one that the speedometer has the wrond setting. Anyway before you get home you have the fine in the door :)

Cheers all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts