Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum has gone for 15 pages on the S3 forum.

I'm 57 will be 58 this year in August this year, just riding bikes, is my main interest, most of the time can't wait to get for a ride, meet up other riders and shoot the breeze.

The forum suggests most S3 riders are 40 something with a mid-life crisis.

In truth I'm 57 going on 20 something, curious to see what other Sprinters on this forum feel about this.

Barry

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was in the supermarket with my wife yesterday evening (don't laugh) and I was complaining about a back back and feeling old. The sweet little old lady in front of me said 'So you don't want to make it past 40 then!'

I told her I am 45 in April. She though I was 10 years younger. :cool:

Kev

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm enjoying my 38th year.... ( hope this helps drag the avg down! :) )

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'll be 38 next month...or is that 28 :wink:

Been riding since I was 16, but took a 5 year break after my 1st of two kids hatched. I became old and cranky so my wife told me to find another bike. Now I'm old but fun :) I've since become obsessed with riding and have even caught myself riding in dreams.

·
Registered
658 Posts
In 4 and 1/2 years I'll have lived half a century on this planet. No clue about other planets before though...

·
Registered
565 Posts
:cool: I met two other Sprint owners on a poker run I organised for like minded souls in the Victoian dairy industry back in 2000. Since then we have become close mates and ride together most weekends. The onus is on ride. We do the GP and WSBK at the Island and the occasional weekend fang.

Hate to push the average up again but two of us are 53 going on 54 and the other the baby of the bunch at 45.

Why the Sprint appeals, good performance with a ride position for minds which don't accept the body is getting past it's use by date. Stops usually result in the need for a piss, which tend to be more frequent as the years pass. Stops tend to be at a pub for piss then a light beer, which seems to start the cycle again. Haven't worked that one out yet :???:

May be we should extend this discussion to link age to average distance between stops and the reason for stops ie petrol, piss, numb bum, cramp etcl

[ This message was edited by: smegin on 2007-01-06 04:56 ]

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well Well I am 40 going on to 41 in feb :razz: So if you are arond at that time call in for a beer or two special you over sea riders hehehehehehehe If you are here in OZ any time feel free to call in

But in my pack we have got some younger riders around the 30 mark which is great good to see the younger one getting in the Triumph sprit. It good to see the younger folk taking up the great tradition of riding a classical bike like the Triumph.

:chug: Det

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm 47 but don't feel it, most of the time! When I'm not riding my Sprint, I'll be riding my Giant road bike or my Specialized mountain bike, although since getting the Sprint I've allowed the fitness level to fall and the weight to rise. Not good! As a returning rider, I've yet to acquire any riding buddies. All of my old crew are off bikes now, except for one who races a sidecar but doesn't ride on the road much. My other mates and colleagues definitely think I've lost the plot and am in the throes of a mid-life crisis. My kids, 16 and 12, reluctantly admitted that several of their friends think their Dad (or is it his bike?) is cool! One lad, on seeing a photo of the Sprint said, "Oh, it's a real bike, not a Harley!" Now that would have been a mid-life crisis! :-D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I seem to fit the average at 38. Feels older sometimes though. Not sure how many more things can start to hurt before I give up on all this kid stuff. :wink:

·
Registered
191 Posts
66 - I always tip the average toward the old farts
Dave

1 - 20 of 128 Posts