Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy a new 2007 tiger what kind of discount should I get off of list and do they have a dealer prep charge. thanks :hammer:

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
call me crazy, but if you want an 07, I say yer gonna pay full price. You might be lucky enough to find a dealer that won't charge ya prep charges, MIGHT! :hammer:

·
Registered
39 Posts
You'll pay list + Freight and Set-up charges, add DMV and taxes if they're applicable.

Nobody in their right mind is going to start discounting the '07 line...let alone the '07 Tiger.

Now, if the Tiger should end up a showroom dud...that'd be a different story.

·
Registered
194 Posts
But the tiger won't be a dud. It's going to start a new niche...the UUKM.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Chattanooga had them for 9800.00 + or - a few dollars. No freight or prep,just pay taxes when you get it to your home state.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://www.southernpowersports.com/...47R0&ModelYear=2007&Manufacturer=8&DispType=0
<BR>
<BR>Just checked. Must have sold them all. Worth a call though.I see your kind of close to them.
<BR> They have left over 06';s for 8800 +

[ This message was edited by: oldgoat57 on 2007-01-22 07:22 ]

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Shold be less than this, shouldn't it? After all, it has less power..............FZ1
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Ok, it may not haul the kitchen sink, but it will give the dealer something to think about, maybe. Just having a little fun with the Trad Tiger crowd. The Tiger is getting great reviews as best Triumph yet, and that's saying alot! Go with it and I bet your dealer makes it up to you in good service later.

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2007-01-23 19:02 ]

·
Registered
22 Posts
The concept of discounting is probably a touchy subject. I got a little off from my dealer from MSRP + freight and prep
because I just bought a Ducati 999R, and a 675 from him. But the dealer has an issue with triumph because of the dealer in Tennessee and they just opened another dealer in what is probably his area.. I can understand his point. There is not a huge mark up on Triumphs and there is not a lot of after market Accessories like for Ducati or BMW. Plus if the bike is a solid bike there isn't much for his service shop
I've seen Ducati's leave his shop with $10,000 in exhaust , carbon, slipper clutch etc. Other than bags (I'm going to wait for the Zard) I don't see much else for the Tiger.
my 2000 sprint is stock.
If the dealer doesn't make money on the bikes and drops the line I've got to go 40 miles to the next dealer . So If I have to pay MSRP that's OK as long as I know everyone else is paying MSRP

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more Kevin. Most people coming into a Triumph dealer are there becasue they want to buy a Triumph. If you want to compete with Japnaese bike dealers with larger, more established parts and service structure, you need to make a buck to get good people. The same folks who will beat dealers down to a low profit will complain when they can't get trained, experienced service for their products. Most dealers will work with their customers after the sale and make it more than worth while to keep going there.

·
Registered
489 Posts
MSRP + freight + setup is totally fair for a new bike in demand. Some states tack on a mandatory tire fee too ( NY is $2.50/tire for a total of $5 add'l on each new bike sold) and a mandatory inspection sticker (a whopping 6 bucks).

There is usually sales tax and a tag fee as well. Sales tax will be what the dealership has to pay the state and the tag fee can be anywhere from the exact amount you'd pay the state if you did it yourself to a bunch more than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts