Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at selling my 2007 black Speed Triple. The bike is in excellent condition, has 2300 miles and is all stock except for the following extras: Triumph carbon fiber tank protector, Givi sport shield, and frame sliders. The bike also has almost a year of warranty left. Any input is appreciated - thanks:).

·
Registered
72 Posts
You should be able to private sale that bike for $7K all day long. If the demand for used ones in your area is anything like mine, you'll have people calling you two weeks after it's gone.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I suspected it should sell near $7000 but I have it at $6500 with limited interest - the Dallas, TX market seems slow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If I were closer. . . . . .

I bought my '06 three weeks ago for $5,900 with 5,600 miles on it. Couple of little extras, but nothing major. I'm sure I could sell mine for $6,500 here. Maybe there are more of them in your market, but I still don't think you'll have any trouble unloading it at that price.

It is only May. But, I guess that's relative when you consider Pennsylvania vs. Texas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
bought my 07 with 56 miles and factory option low restriction cans for 7,000 three years ago but I feel that was a steal... on ebay the buyer is typically responsible for shipping

·
Registered
369 Posts
I saw your bike on Craig's List. It's looks to be a good deal. If I were in the market for one right now I would have already been out to look at it. Keep advertising it. Someone will come along. Dosn't seem that you need to go any lower to sell it, just be patient, If you can.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just saw one go on E-bay for 6,100. 2007 with 9200 miles. I hope to buy one soon but haven't got around to selling my TBS and pulling together the rest of the money. Couldn't believe that bike only had one bid and sold so low. Was it the miles? Even so...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was watching that one too

Just saw one go on E-bay for 6,100. 2007 with 9200 miles. I hope to buy one soon but haven't got around to selling my TBS and pulling together the rest of the money. Couldn't believe that bike only had one bid and sold so low. Was it the miles? Even so...
Do you think that was a good price?

·
Registered
62 Posts
good deal?

Yeah, I think it was a great deal despite the color. The mileage wouldn't bother me at all. I don't understand how alot of guys have bikes that are 3 to 5 years old with less than that. You often see bikes that old with less than 3,000 miles! I like riding too much not to put at least 5,000 a year on a bike even with the short season in upstate NY. Hope I can find a deal like that when the time is right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts