Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm just posting for a mate who has a 05 Thrux, his only mod's are AI removed, TOR's and jets to suit.

Everything else is stock, and he now wants to get some more power, so I was thinking, NARK, jetting and free flow air filter would be the next step. With this done what would be a rough ball park figure in Hp gained for the Thrux??

Any other recommendations or thoughts will be appreciated

john

·
Registered
336 Posts
British Customs CLAIMS 6-8 HP gain with their Air Box Removal Kit with the K&N's, etc....plus you drop a few pounds of ***** off the bike also.

I had that kit installed at the same time as the Predators & re-jetting and it definitely pulled harder, but couldn't tell you a total HP gain........10 maybe with both combined mods???

JOHN

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like many people have been seeing a 5hp & 5ft/lb to the wheel just with the addition of the air box removal kit to compliment the free flowing exhaust. As John said, about 10hp with combined mods.

I'd recommend doing a homemade airbox removal to save some cash. In all, I think filters (Uni filters for me), carb screws, jets, etc... cost me under $60 to do the airbox removal compared to spending $300 for a kit.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, thats what I wanted to hear.

john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts