Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was killing some time at a local dealership this weekend. The sales guy said a new bonnie would cost about 1,500$ over MSRP out the door. Seemed so high. What did you guys pay?

[ This message was edited by: MattTriumphs on 2007-01-21 22:46 ]

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Before TT&L, I paid about $500 under MSRP...in 2003. Out the door, my T100 cost about $7800.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Over? How about "under"?

As you have figured out "out the door" is all that matters. You need to ask yourself why you should pay ANYTHING above MSRP, or even pay MSRP at all, plus a small (<$100) documentation fee, taxes, tags and title. Some dealers are charging outrageous setup, freight (destination) and other mythical charges.

Its WINTER. You live in COLORADO. Its cold. Its not riding season there as I recall when I lived there. You should be able to get ALL the nonsense charges dropped and then some. AND, if you can find a good new '06 then that should be at least $1000 off MSRP.

Monte :cool:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I paid $8299 OTD for my 05 T-100. $300 over MSRP. Didn't care I wanted it, and the price was still within reason. I did get discounts on several other things I bought, jacket, gloves, etc. The ai was also removed and the carbs where rejetted.

[ This message was edited by: wenzel850 on 2007-01-23 07:24 ]

·
Registered
181 Posts
I paid $7,435 out the door including AI removal for my 2007 T100, have to pay taxes when I register the bike here in GA though. Had the bike for 3 days and its been raining for 2 of those.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Triumph's freight and set-up is more expensive that a lot of other bikes (IE: Asian bikes).

$1400 for freight, set-up, TTL, and misc BS fees (like inventory and document fees) is what the dealer got me for.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The dealer around here really doesn't deal. I guess he sells everything he has in stock. On the other hand, he charges MSRP and NO freight or set up. I think he knows what he needs to get out of a bike to stay in business and it must work since he has been in business for over 50 years. I would rather have a bike priced fairly and the dealer be around awhile and provide good service. I will say that they went out of their way when I bought my 04 Bonnie in 05. There was a national Triumph program which was a $500 off with a low interest rate and no money down The program ran out June 31st. I went in around then and he arranged to sell me an 04 so I could get the deal. They had to order it in and I got it the first week of July. What was the big deal about that ? There was an 05 sitting on the floor and probably more in their storage areas. I am sure the salesman, Pat, knew I would have taken that one if an 04 was not available. That left me with a good impression. The name of the dealership is Engle motors in Kansas City. Their service has also been excellent although nothing has gone wrong with the bike.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Matt, if you are in Denver and haven't already gone to Foothills Triumph check them out, they have all 06's at about $800 off, seems like their setup fees are half what Erico charges.

Also I negoitiated a price at Erico in 2005 for a Bonnie at $1500 less than msrp and when the contract came back they had me in at a 17% interest rate! (dealers can keep the difference in negoitiated rate) so I went to Foothills and bought a Bonnie Black and less than 5% (out the door on that was around $6700.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I paid a little under MSRP for the bike, and of course tax, fees, and stuff. That was in 2004.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I paid $75 under MSRP out the door on my 2006 Scrambler that I picked up earlier this month, and that was with the skid plate, TOR pipes, black mirrors, and bar brace allready on it. To be fair it was the demo model (400 miles on it) and well the day after I took delivery it started with the ice and snow...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Can't imagine paying more that MSRP plus freight and MAYBE a small setup fee. Freight is about $400 on most Triumphs, maybe more on the R3.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I feel like an idiot because I was just returning to biking and had a strong desire to get that black bonnie in the Waco show room. Paid about $8000 OTD but he gave me $250 for apparel.

Still happy I got the bike though. Just love it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On 2007-01-21 22:46, MattTriumphs wrote:
I was killing some time at a local dealership this weekend. The sales guy said a new bonnie would cost about 1,500$ over MSRP out the door. Seemed so high. What did you guys pay?
I was at $7799.00 on my new '06 T100 plus 20% off anything in the store. I also received a first service coupon to brign the cost of that to $40.00. I think list was $8299. Never pay MSRP. There's always a dealer willing to go below.

With the 2007's being made in Thailand, you should be able to beat the dealer with this and get a discount.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts