Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi RATS,

I am planning to purchase 09 thruxton within next few weeks
just wanted to know how much everyone paid for theirs

thank you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up an 09 Black Thruxton in May. I added the windscreen, knee pads and fork gaiters at that time. Out the door I was about $9,700. As a past HD guy that seemed cheap to me. You cant go wrong for the price and now I have one of the more unique bikes in town!

·
Registered
147 Posts
things sound sooo much cheaper in US dollars

Jeez it sounds like you get 'em cheap over there. Bought mine in April with screen, gaitors, centre stand, knee pads, grab rail, alarm/immobiliser and Staintune exhausts $18800 on road!! Insurance was on top of that again. Still love it but.
Just go and buy it blueworks. You'll get sore cheeks from grinning :HappyRoll: Cheers

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know this is slightly off topic but I was trolling through Craigslist and came across a 2004 thruxton with 12k miles on and a few custom bits such as the Norman Hyde fairing - get this - the guy was originally asking $10500!! :laughhard:Holy cow! Anyway 6 weeks later it's also on ebay and he wants $6000+ for it.

I paid $6K on the nose for my '04 last Sept with 450 miles on the odo - probably $500 more than I wanted to pay but I wanted THAT bike and ain't stopped grinning since!:InLove4:
There's a lot to be said for buying used one too especially the drop in $ compared to new. IMHO of course! Either way just get one already!:D

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
You are right, triton - big bucks saved by buying used with low miles. I do like, however, looking at an odometer with 2.2 miles on it! I think, "Man, plenty more miles to go on this baby!" :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got mine used as well less than a year ago. I got an 05 with only 780 miles on it for $5200. It now has over 8k miles on it and still looks like new. I guess I saved close to $3k going the used route. It gave me more money to play around with the mods.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi
I bought my 07 Thruxton in August 08 from a guy who put only 19 miles on it.
I paid $7000.
I'm happy:)
John.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I wonder about those who buy a bike and then decide they don't like it after 19 miles, or 200 miles, or even 500 miles. What were they thinking when they bought the machine? Must be rich people, LOL.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wonder about those who buy a bike and then decide they don't like it after 19 miles, or 200 miles, or even 500 miles. What were they thinking when they bought the machine? Must be rich people, LOL.
Exactly my thoughts when I bought mine! Anyway his excuse was that his wife had bought it for him for an anniversary present (now SHE's a keeper!) but he found the riding position hurt his shoulder and wrists (old football injuries etc) and since he already had 2 Harleys he got rid. His loss, my gain!
I should have asked him "How much for the wife" too (in a Blues Brothers style) but I wasn't that quick on the uptake!:D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi david
In fairness to the guy i bought from he was not very well off and ironically purchased the bike to save money on gas in the city. (San Francisco). He was From Texas and rode dirt bikes a lot there. But riding in City traffic freaked him out big time.
He actually only rode it 6 miles it had 12 on from the dealership.
I guess he was wise to listen to his instincts.
I did not have the heart to ask if his nice new Triumph Leather Jacket was for sale:)
John.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You americans have it good. Picked up a new '09 Thruxton here in Norway about a month ago: 22.000 dollars from dealership. Insurance another 1.300 dollars per year. Add 650 for TORS (with discount) and 780 for an Arai Vector full face helmet.

At least I saved 4-500 dollars buying my Schott jacket in New York City.

Not to mention a license for driving a motorcycle averages about 3.200 dollars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bought my '09 Thrux in November. $8200 plus taxes/title = $8800 OTD. Best purchase I've ever made, IMO. (4,000+ miles so far) Ride to work 4 out of 5 days. Take the long way home! ;-)

Bikes are like women. If it is the "right one", you'll never count the costs.

Ride safe,
Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last month I got my 08 Thruxton with 6.200 miles. Had fork gaiters. hand warmers(whoopie!) and bar end mirrors. Had them put on two new tires and paid $5,500 out the door.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My policy now is to buy used cars only from friends or friends of friends...and buy used motorcycles only from rich guys who haven't racked up many miles. Seriously.

"Once you know what you're looking for, the deal of a lifetime comes around every two weeks."

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If you want a cheap well looked after used bike - come to SF. Lots of 'dot com' guys with loads of money will buy a bike out of the blue because they think it looks cool, rides it a few Sundays then finds out its harder to look cool than he thought, lets it sit in his garage for 12 months then sells it on the cheap....

Back on the subject, I purchased my 04 Thruxton for $5400 with all the typical mods already done (fender eliminator, exhausts, airbox and AI gone). It had 6500 miles. The seller was a hell of a nice chap from Sacramento. I specifically wanted a 2004 model.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i bought my used 05 thrux in april 08 with 670 miles, 4' hellie bars, fly screen, TORSpipes and lots of other stuff for $$5500. owners wife wouldnt let him have it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts