Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much bluing is normal on 01 TB pipes near the head? Runs perfect. Stock everything.

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
A lot is normal. (A lot is also somewhat subjective...) Go up to 40 on your pilot jets and you may mitigate it slightly, but, bottom line, the exhaust gasses are very hot and the metal on the headers is pretty thin.

There are products that are purported to remove the blue. Don't know if they work, or if they're worth the trouble.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried about the appearance at all, I kind of like it. My concern with it was running too lean, but the bike runs perfectly

·
Registered
95 Posts
kdunlop,

Hey, that is about what my 98' had the whole time I owned it. The pipes on our bikes are fairly heavy. Some of the Bonnies blue all the way to the muffler's.

good luck

Dan

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine are significantly bluer, but I have a California model-unmodified-which I believe runs leaner at idle and low throttle. And I don't clean them much.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Legend has it if you don' run fast for the first 5k miles or so they will blue less, if you ride hard and heat them up a lot when the steel is young they are more likey to blue.

BUBI 0_0

www.lamiatriumph.it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts