Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles do you have on your bike? ....And, what repair work have you had done at how many miles? I have 4000 mi on my 07 t100, and the only issue I've had was a leaky fitting on the oil cooler at about 2500. How about you?

·
Registered
102 Posts
9600 on my '08 Bonnie Black. Just the scheduled maintenance so far. Still on the original tires too. I did notice some weeping once below the valve cover gasket. It was about the size of a small tear drop. I wiped it up and have seen nothing since.

Most trouble free motorcycle I have ever owned so far. (Crossed fingers.)

:YellowWink:

·
Registered
373 Posts
15,000 mi since Sep 07 and no problems. Just a leak from the K&N oil filter nut, which kind of had me worried.
Also had to replace front Lazertec at 10,000, Cycle Gear told me this tire is a softer rubber. I put the Metzler ME 550 on, and have not noticed any difference in handling.
Great bikes and so much fun. Especially in the company of Harleys, they all seem to to like it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
7700 miles on my BA since june 08, no problems so far.
Stock front tire was shot at 4k. Replaced with the ME880 to match the rear.

·
29,948 Posts
12000 miles since july 07. No real problems, a minor weep on the valve cover which I fixed at the 12K service. Had to replace the gear selector shaft as well, but that's 'cos I dropped it. :mad:

I'm on my third rear tyre, and second front. I seem to burn through rear metzelers in about 5000 miles. You lot who get over 9000 miles out of a tyre must weigh a lot less than me........:D

I'm thinking about putting sport demons on, but given how long the metzs last I figure I might wear through the sport demons in a morning ride!

·
Registered
50 Posts
1100 miles so far

Small oil leak from top fitting on cooler at about 700 miles. Re-torqued fitting and it went away.
Nothing else gone blinko yet!
Bob

·
Registered
145 Posts
Weeping

Hmmm, seeing several people mention slight leaks around the cylinder head makes me wonder if that's the problem I'm having. I'm at about 5K miles on a Black Bonneville and I just notice some moisture right below what I assume are the valve covers (sorry, I'm not much of a mechanic). The moisture is lingering on the top fin. It must be fuel, but because I smoked too much for too many years my nose is shot, so I can't smell it to be sure.

The bike is running very well. Could extremes of temperature bring this on? Should I worry about it, or wait until my 6K check-up (probably three months from now)?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Several have noticed a small amount of weeping from the top gasket. Mine was replaced at my 6000 mile check up. No biggie.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
The twin is great

06 Scram, 18000 mi.
Replaceable:
Oil, filters, tires-
$42.00 carb balance at dealer
$5.35 for two valve shims
Low maintenance love

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Repairs

About 11,500 miles now on my 2005.

I've replaced the cam cover gasket under warranty due to the well-known oil seepage. Also replaced the tank under warranty at two years because it was peeling paint in the filler neck, but the new one peels too; I don't let it bother me anymore.

Last season I had to replace the rear brake light switch, which was stuck in the on position, not safe; I disconnected it until I fixed it.

That's it for repairs. The rest has been normal wear replacements (tires, brake pads, etc), tweaking, accessorizing and just generally not leaving well enough alone.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
9,000 miles. It would have been more but for the down times caused by my endless mods LOL.

No repairs at all, but there was a minor oil leak at the base of the left hand cylinder following the installation of the Wiseco big bore kit. The leak was due to a build up of crankcase pressure at prolonged high speed runs. Enlarging the alloy crankcase breather and rubber hose from 6mm to 13mm dia sorted it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How Many

06 Scrambler 10,000miles new mirror silver coming off back, both wheels replaced as chrome peeled at around 2,000. Because my dealer damaged the black hubs time and time again it's had a total of 3 rear wheels and 4 front then the speedo let in water so that was replaced at 7,946 then new cam cover due to corrosion at 8,823all under warranty. Then at 5,200 it had to have rear brake pads (not under warranty) I think there is a fault with the rear caliper not releasing fully dealer has looked at it twice and couldn't find anything wrong. Triumph says it is about average miles for rear brake pads (do not believe that) Front pads now need replacing at 10,000 miles don't think they have done to well either, front and rear disc's are quite rough and grooved already. Had over 22,000 miles on front and rear pads on my Honda Hornet and disc's where as flat as glass. What sort of milage have you got for pads and how flat are your disc's ???? Bike has only been on pavement all these miles. Oh and the kill swith has played up a couple of times over the time i had the bike.
When the cam cover cover was relaced got the dealer to do valve check he said he adjusted two of the exhaust valves tightened up the tolerance was not happy with it after it sounded to tight barley no ticking so he agreed to readjust them said he put them back as they were so did i pay £70 for nothing or what. Dealer is hopless here.

·
Registered
180 Posts
16,000m since Feb '07. I had to have the cam cover replaced because it leaked, trip odo reset knob jumped ship and the dealer warrantied the whole thing, and the crank position sensor and igniter were replaced because it was cutting out.

Scramblemut

I replaced my brakes at about 9,000m and my disks are pretty grooved, too. I am going to use it as an excuse to get the floating front rotor this summer.

A

·
Registered
59 Posts
16,000m since Feb '07. I had to have the cam cover replaced because it leaked, trip odo reset knob jumped ship and the dealer warrantied the whole thing, and the crank position sensor and igniter were replaced because it was cutting out.

Scramblemut

I replaced my brakes at about 9,000m and my disks are pretty grooved, too. I am going to use it as an excuse to get the floating front rotor this summer.

A
Thanks BBR thats very helpful thats almost 4000 more than i got. Thanks again Steve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts