Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - this could be a game, but seriously, have you ever thought about how long you've been in the saddle, really enjoying yourselves, while the rest of America is .... doing something else?

Try this:

I figure 40mph average for my overall riding. On one bike, I rode 52,000 miles. Divided by 40 mph = 1300 hours in the saddle. I'm afraid to break that down to work weeks! Aw, what the hey .... just about 33 forty hour work weeks ,,, and it sure beats work!

Check my math, someone .... I must be wrong. I couldn't be having this much fun!

Bob

·
Registered
537 Posts
I never figured it the way you did but that is interesting.

All I know is riding is like a few other hobbies I have. I enjoy them, but sometimes I REALLY enjoy them. Why that is I don't know. I'm just thankful to have hobbies that I can enjoy. Very thankful.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
on 3 bikes , using the same formula .
I've logged in on average 34, 40 hour work weeks.
And I still have a long way to go before I retire.
Bill

·
Registered
711 Posts
I don't like to dime myself off, I tried to appear semi-responsible over the last 40+ years of riding, I mean working.

Now that I'm retired, I'm trying to come to grips with having no days off any more. :yayyy:

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah.... It's obvious I'm bored to death.

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Bob, in the last year I've ridden my bonnie almost 10 work weeks. Wow.

15000 miles (in the last year)/40 mph/40 hr week = 9.375 work weeks, or almost 16 straight 24 hour days, or 32 12 hour riding days.

Cool, that's a good year.

·
Registered
187 Posts
On 2006-12-08 15:07, bobw3592 wrote:

Now that I'm retired, I'm trying to come to grips with having no days off any more.
That's true, now that you mention it. I also noted that in retirement we no longer get three day weekends or vacations. It is somewhat depressing, isn't it.

To the question of the thread, looks like my number comes to 143 weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.