Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I rode with two zx 14's 3 zx10's, two double r's and one busa. It was fun az hell until we got over 115 on up to 125. The wind was way to much for me to bare. A couple of times I thought I was gonna get blown off. I noticed a lot of you have top speed postings of 140+. I was wondering did you eventually work your kneck up to handle those speeds or what? I think I'm gonna need a shield to actually be able to ride along with any true sport bikes. The ride was long and fun, but it wasn't cool getting left behind.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
I must admit, it's a bit harder than my previous bikes, but nut'n a good tuck won't take care of! :-D And btw, don't worry about 'dem sport bikes, who really needs to run 160+ on the streets anyway? :hammer: I know, I know, I used to think I had to too! :hammer: Was nut'n to see 170+ 80% of the time I went out on the R1. :hammer: :kck: :-D

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2006-11-23 15:55 ]

·
Registered
643 Posts
On 2006-11-23 01:48, OG-MOON wrote:
It was fun az hell until we got over 115 on up to 125. The wind was way to much for me to bare. A couple of times I thought I was gonna get blown off.
+1. I'm with you, OG. A buck twenty is about as fast as I'm comfortable going on a naked bike, and even that's pushing the envelope a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
> The wind was way to much for me to bare.

Well, there's the problem. You shouldn't be bare while on the bike. It's supposed to be naked...not you.

:roflmoa2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is one of the reasons that I love Speedy. With my R6 I was so uncomfortable most of the time that I had to go 100+ to keep my mind off of my throbbing knees and tingling hands. With the Speed Triple I don't even enjoy going over 80+. That doesn't mean that I don't but the wind makes it nearly intolerable and certainly unsustainable. I like zipping through the back roads but simply flying down a straight as fast as my bike can carry me grew old. It was fun while it lasted but I am older now....I also don't rev the sh*t out of it when I pass by a group of girls....most of the time.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2006-11-23 13:22, BUCKET wrote:
On 2006-11-23 05:57, Limey wrote:
At 130+ my chin is on the tank :-D
Does that mean your arse is in the air or are you flexible. :-D :hammer:
Wassup bucket, thoughts of your public school days come flooding back :-D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes I know the feeling! I have seen indicated 150+ on mine! thats indicated..But the fun with running with those busa's is on the twisties and tight shicanes! Even stoplight running is fun..The power is there at throttle not at seven or ten grand...Enjoy and eat tank if ya go any faster....leggs in and just grunt your way till the next twisty then catchem and laugh!.Have fun seat off in the twisties and see if the busa can do that with ya....they are alot faster in the streights but speedy lives for the turns! sean

·
Registered
337 Posts
On 2006-11-23 19:08, Diego wrote:
> The wind was way to much for me to bare.

Well, there's the problem. You shouldn't be bare while on the bike. It's supposed to be naked...not you.

:roflmoa2:
Hey you narrowed it down to kansas! but where in kansas?sean

·
Registered
979 Posts
On 2006-11-24 09:36, Limey wrote:
On 2006-11-23 13:22, BUCKET wrote:
On 2006-11-23 05:57, Limey wrote:
At 130+ my chin is on the tank :-D
Does that mean your arse is in the air or are you flexible. :-D :hammer:
Wassup bucket, thoughts of your public school days come flooding back :-D
Don't talk about that,i asked you not to talk about that.Go to a happy place,go to a happy place. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
336 Posts
On 2006-11-24 01:27, kiel wrote:
This is one of the reasons that I love Speedy. With my R6 I was so uncomfortable most of the time that I had to go 100+ to keep my mind off of my throbbing knees and tingling hands. With the Speed Triple I don't even enjoy going over 80+. That doesn't mean that I don't but the wind makes it nearly intolerable and certainly unsustainable. I like zipping through the back roads but simply flying down a straight as fast as my bike can carry me grew old. It was fun while it lasted but I am older now....I also don't rev the sh*t out of it when I pass by a group of girls....most of the time.
Exactly! +1

JOHN

·
Registered
583 Posts
well, to be honest,, after 120 i get down and let the back of my helmet rest on my back and support my head that way.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I do it similar to JR, I get down and shrug my shoulders to hep support my head and try to point my elbows straight out. I don't do it much though, i'm working on my cornering skills.... The track is calling me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts