Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2000 RS with 4000 miles on it. I am going over the bike and found that the fuel fitting recall was never done. And after looking at it, I found out that it was indeed leaking. So I dropped it off at Hermey's for a repair. Do you know if it will still be covered under "warrenty"?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Recalls

Take it too a Triumph Dealer, recalls last forever if the reason is safety related, and most of them are.

My scoot was purchased from Jack Trebour Motorcycles in Kenvil, New Jersey 2001. Brought out here in 2002 accumulated 3,600 miles until last year when I purchased it. Noticed on the Triumph website a recall relating to fuel fittings and clutch cable. Took it to local Triumph Dealer, they checked out the history of the machine via their International Triumph web site, showed that the VIN number of the machine had not been entered into their data base as having been modified, work approved by Triumph NZ, work done and picked up, no charge.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to agree with you there. There is a reason manufactures put out safety recalls, like the fuel line one.. I am pretty sure they are open ended.. We'll see.....

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
You'd be as well to get the dealer to fit two replacement metal fuel fittings.......you will break the one in the Tank eventually......trust me, and if it happens miles from home it will be a problem......

I think the plastic they use is brittle from new...let alone after 4 years of tank on/ tank off shenanigans!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
My response was only because I was talking to my dealer about my TT600 which is a 2001 and he told me that they were only responsible for one year but the reality of that is if it is safety related they are responsible period.

I also had a PM sent to me that shows in the US that unless it's tire related there is no time limitations.

I would take it to you dealer as others have mentioned.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, its at the dealer now. I just wasnt expecting there to be a bill for the the work.. Its a pretty honest palce though. I am sure if any bill at all, it will be small.. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts