Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I placed a couple of orders recently both with NewBonneville.com for their bullet indicators and also with BellaCorse.com for their oval tail light (NB didn't have the tail light as part of their stock).

Due to the changing financial envirement, BellaCorse have decided they won't ship to Australia unless the order is U.S.$100+ :( This seems a little counter productive to me. In hard economic times, a business should be trying to expand its markets as much as possible :confused:

Anyway, NewBonneville came to the party and were willing to let me ship the oval tail light to them and then bundle it up with the items purchased from them, shipping all the items together.

I have to say that NB have always been great to deal with, but it's that kind of service which keeps me going back, even from half way around the world :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have to say that NB have always been great to deal with, but it's that kind of service which keeps me going back, even from half way around the world :)
I agree. I've easily spent over $1,000 at NewBonneville since buying my bike last August.

They are awesome!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm waiting for my second order to be delivered from newbonneville - can't fault them at all, emails promptly answered, great range of products. Happy camper me!!

Reckon I've enough bits for the moment, but will look in on the site sponsors the next time ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
newbonneville.com

I've received two orders from newbonneville.com, and both were very well handled. I had to return a set of brake lines because they wouldn't fit my Scrambler properly.

Brent is having a set custom made to replace them. Outstanding service.

There are several more items on my shopping list and I know where they're coming from.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've gotten great service from NB, too. Although they must think I have bad breath. I keep finding Tic-Tacs and large Lifesaver's candy in my packages.:D

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I use have used New Bonnie, Bella Corse and have had conversations with British Customs and I have to say that all three have been fantastic.

All are very accessible, answer emails and are knowledgeable about what they sell. I have a set of New Bonnie Cafe Bars waiting for pick up at the post office. I ordered them the 5th, shipped on the 6th and arrived today. I can't complain about that considering they are coming from the US and has to clear customs. Heck, Triumph doesn't ship that fast. I am still waiting for knee pads almost a month later.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Viva New Bonneville!

I've done business with all three of these vendors and my Bonnie carries parts and pieces from all, but I always seem to come back to Brent at NB for the most consistant service and nicest people I've done business with. Plus, he'll bend over backwards to assist.

Bella Corse has great stuff, true, and he's always glad to make a sale, but Mike just won't to go out of his way to do much of anything for you. -- i.e. only orders on Mondays, so on Tuesday "it'll be a couple of weeks before I can have that for you"; or "it's here...I'll pack it up and ship it in a a day or so." and it ships five days later. Sorry to bother you, let me try to give money to someone else. Sorry, but true story.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
New Bonneville was my first shopping stop the day after I got my bike. Got some bags from British Customs recently as well. I have to say, very happy with the service from both. :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
.....lest ye be judged.....

As has been said a thousand times throughout posts and threads on this site......

......rather than dump on a vendor because you may have had an experience that was somehow negative, let's remember that we are all very lucky to have each and every one of these specialized companies to call on.
I depend on each one of these fantastic vendors to help me make my Bonnie as unique and personal as my passion and wallet will allow. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.....
Let's be realistic with our expectations, and show a little more gratitude to those that share our passion for something that brings us as much joy as our bikes do

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hear hear!! BB07, and such appreciation includes gratitude and recognition of those who go that extra mile for us, hence my original post, comment and thanks to NB and its staff.

Those of us in Australia do not have the range or choices our brothers and sisters in the US or even the UK do. So when you find a dealer who positively try to make things easier for us over here, those efforts need to be recognised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tpusa

I bought my 08 Bonnie from Matt Capri at South Bay Triumph and TPUSA. It had a lot done to it and runs nicely. When it comes to engine mods, i wouldn't go anywhere else but TPUSA.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I've bought from all but TPUSA ( don't know why:confused:) and the conclusion I've come to was :

Newbonneville is good but can get pricey and no deals on big orders . But Brent does sell some good stuff. (Gotta lower the prices on his Ikons , they're through the roof:D).

British Customs is good to go . You want info on a product you get it from the horse's mouth ( Thanks Sean ) , they treat you good and sell good stuff.

Bellacorse has been pretty post haiste on orders for me as well. Ordered on a Monday and had it on a Thursday . Some of the venders that he deals with might jerk him around at times since he's a small business which might explain much . Mike's good to go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kudos to NB and BC!

Brent at NB has been more helpful with advice and the like, but that's probably due to the nature of the orders I've placed with them NEEDING a bit of advice!
NB recently accepted the return of a steering damper (still NIB) when I found that the Superbrace alone got my "vague" front end pointing well.
I also have the halitosis condition, as my packages also arrive with mints! :)
Bob

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have bought some bits off Brent and the team for my Speedmaster. E-mails were responded fast. Those Mints HaHa our Customs guys were interested in what they were. Im not sure he puts them in for overseas orders now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts